The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure if this what's causing my issue but I thought I'd reach out to you guys for some help.

Whenever I am driving around town and get stuck in stop and go traffic (which is frequent, unfortunately) the temp gauge will start to climb quickly. If it reaches over 200 or so, 205 maybe, and I turn off the car, it won't start back up. It'll hesitate to start, turn over, rev to about 5k or so, then promptly die. No sputter or anything, just rev up then back down to 0. The fans will then kick on and stay on for 15min or so. Subsequent starts will only see the engine cranking and cranking, but no turn over.

This only happens on hot days and when engine temps exceed 200 or 205. I thought that perhaps the fuel might be boiling? 'Cuz when I wait for the engine to cool down it starts right back up with no issues.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will be installing BOE's surge tank this month. I'm pretty sure that will have the added benefit of resolving this issue. I will report back when I've had a chance to run with it for a while. In the meantime, if anyone else has any insight into this issue please let me know!

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh, you're right. I was just reading the install directions and it looks like it ADDS one for the surge tank but leaves the main one alone. Thanks for the heads up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts