The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a 2009 S260 sport and have a few questions about the lighting:

Pushing the high beam stalk forward does nothing. Pulling the stalk back that is spring loaded does light up the hi-beams. Why does the forward position not do anything, bad relay or something?

The interior light doesn't work in any position, probably burnt out bulb? (Seems kinda strange as car only has 10K miles).

At night when locking and unlocking the car, no exterior lights blink at all like most cars. Is that normal?

The regular low-beams are pointed too low on the road, are they fairly easy to adjust on an Exige?

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
2006 Exige:

Left stalk forward keeps highbeams on
Interior light works great; yours might have become disconnected or burned bulb
locking and unlocking the turn signals will flash. Once for unlock, twice for lock
you may need to remove front wheels and wheel liner to adjust the headlight aim.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh that is strange, did they change anything on the S260 sports? My lights don't flash when lock/unlock, push forward on stalk does nothing, checked light bulb in interior light and filament is still there but doesn't turn on.

I also get the red flashing "alarm" light on the dash but after locking the car and say coming back ten minutes later and manually lift up on the door lock pull and open the door nothing happens (no alarm). I checked all the fuses and everything was good to go, not sure what is going on here.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I feel silly, the daytime running lamps are the same as the regular headlights. That means last night when I was driving around my "headlights" were on but I never turned on the actual headlight switch. So I could see driving, just my other lights weren't on.

Anyone else ever accidentally do that? I guess I am used to auto lighting in my vehicles, I will have to watch that next time I drive at night and actually press the button!

I find that the engine immobilizer part of the alarm works, just not the flash of the lights, nor an actual alarm going off when I open a compartment when it's armed. I wonder if a prior owner bypassed the alarm system if it was going off all the time or was wearing down the battery? Are there any alarm connections/harnesses to check? Plus, my key is a key with three buttons and not the two separate fobs as depicted in the manual.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hm, found some more info on my strange electrical "issue":

Some history regarding the wiring that I've learned about the Sport 260s:

When a number of the 2009 Sport 260s were delivered to the US it was found that their interior lights and alarm systems were not operational. Further research found that they were built without wire 182 (purple 1.5) going from fuse F11 to Splice S, which then splits to supply the alarm unit (with two wires), the alarm siren, and the interior light. The theory is that these cars were initially being built as competition versions of the ROW Cup car before being finished as a Sport 260 and sent to the US. At least car #16 (in the list in this thread) has been found to contain the control wiring for the Cup car's on-board fire extinguisher and ignition kill switch systems within its harness as well.

The fix for this issue as applied to car #16 in March of 2011 by Criswell Lotus under the supervision of then Eastern Region Service Rep Mike Fisher was to add the missing wire from fuse F11 using "Splice kit 8.965, number 19168446", running it along the harness into the dash area and then splicing it into wire 183 just before it enters the PFK alarm unit connector. Other cars may have been similarly repaired, though there has been a report that one Lotus Tech did a complete harness replacement on one of the cars to resolve this issue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts