The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been thinking about having this done at delivery, and wanted to see if it makes sense to others. I also wanted to point this issue out (if it exists) so others might do the same.

We all know the engine in the Federal Elise will have the ability to log engine speed/vehicle speed/etc. At this time, I'm unsure if this logging capability will also include date/timestamps for engine activities.

Assuming that the datalogger does not timestamp engine activities, I plan on having the car's datalog read at initial delivery. Several reports in the forum have noted how the datalog can be used to void the warranty if break-in guidelines are not followed. I wouldn't want any shipping/pre-delivery driving done by others being used to void my warranty!

Any thoughts or information on this issue? Does anyone know if the datalogger timestamps its readings?

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
My guess is that there is NOT a timestamp.

BMW does the exact same datalogging (max speed, max rpm, duration of max rpm/speed etc).

BMW does NOT timestamp the data.

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
I totally agree, and will be asking for the same. My only uncertainty is whether the data can be printed (probably), and if not, whether it can be erased from the ECU to get a clean start (preferred method).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts