The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Maybe I'm just stupid, but isn't that a video game?

Should it mean something to me?

Can I also hook up with Minka Kelly in a video game?

·
Registered
201 Posts
You're completely missing the point of video games... but I agree posting about fake cars on a board where everyone has a real version, maybe not totally sensible.

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
It is the fact that it is as close to 260 as that car is going to get for a while as Hennessy doesn't seem to ever pull the trigger on a top speed run yet lol

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
Yeah, I like video games a lot, and where I have respect for Forza, the enginneering, the designing, the physics engine, etc...I have to admit this does nothing for me. I read through the article, but then just lost complete interest about watching the video.

Playing video games is great, feedback controls, the ability to set up the throttle, braking, etc. for your style of "driving," but in the end...there is no "REAL LIFE" crisis that could actually occur while driving.

I remember there being a study where they took a video game driver and stuck him behind the while of a race car and then put him up against one of the drivers in the video game in real life. Needless to say the video gamer did not stand a chance and was far from able to stay up. But at the same time he did much better than your average Joe.

I would love to see this gamer actually be placed behind the wheel of a TRUE Venom GT and see if he/she could really hold the lines that he/she could in the video game. Because once you incorporate G-Forces into actual driving situation you have to ask yourself, could I REALLY drive like I did in the video game?

I think not, unless you were a professional driver in real life.

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
Yeah, I like video games a lot, and where I have respect for Forza, the enginneering, the designing, the physics engine, etc...I have to admit this does nothing for me. I read through the article, but then just lost complete interest about watching the video.

Playing video games is great, feedback controls, the ability to set up the throttle, braking, etc. for your style of "driving," but in the end...there is no "REAL LIFE" crisis that could actually occur while driving.

I remember there being a study where they took a video game driver and stuck him behind the while of a race car and then put him up against one of the drivers in the video game in real life. Needless to say the video gamer did not stand a chance and was far from able to stay up. But at the same time he did much better than your average Joe.

I would love to see this gamer actually be placed behind the wheel of a TRUE Venom GT and see if he/she could really hold the lines that he/she could in the video game. Because once you incorporate G-Forces into actual driving situation you have to ask yourself, could I REALLY drive like I did in the video game?

Umm... just put me behind the wheel for that :) I have a lot of video game experience and 1 track day :)

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Maybe I'm just stupid, but isn't that a video game?

i would be willing to bet the OP is a spam bot judging by his registration date/post count... then again I guess im a sucker for getting reeled into posting in the topic as well :p

Look, it's a million dollar lotus elise!

Except it's ugly
uhhhhhh, not sure if you're serious... but if you think the venom is ugly then im curious as to what you think the elise/exige is? because it looks identical (outside of the venom being a bit larger & having a different powerplant)

·
Premium Member
1,307 Posts
Yeah i let my 12 yr old son drive the golf cart and yes he quickly learned real life is very unlike a video game. But he learns well! Now for the manual tranny!

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
2,097 Posts

I agree with everything yo say, and doing gazillion MPH in a video game does nothing to me as well, but look up Lucas Ordonez (Lucas Ordóñez).

He's doing pretty good for a gamer-turned racecar driver. He won the PlayStation GT Academy in 2008, and now competes/competed in European LMS, LeMans, Dubai 24hr, Nur 24hr, etc.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts