The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you that have seen either or both of these colors IN PERSON I'd like your opinion. I know that paprika is no longer available, but I have seen that in person. From the way the VR is described to me, it's more of a deep blood colored red as opposed to the paprika. However, in certain online pix even the VR looks like paprika. So I guess what I want to know is does the VR really look like a deep and dark blood colored red when seen live and in the flesh.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
It depends on the lighting. Sunlight will make VR look bright and a bit pink, I suppose. Paprika looks a bit more like salmon under sunlight.
I'll take grab some pics for you real quick

Edit:
Do those help?
The brighter images are taken with the shutter speed slowed down

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It depends on the lighting. Sunlight will make VR look bright and a bit pink, I suppose. Paprika looks a bit more like salmon under sunlight.
I'll take grab some pics for you real quick
Thanks!!! That's a great way to describe the paprika.......red with a mix of salmon color in it.

·
Premium Member
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You're welcome :)
I'll try and get interior pics in sunlight tomorrow.
That does help. Thank you! I will gladly take you up on your offer of interior pix in sunlight tomorrow. That will be the true test.

A round of your favorite cheap light beer for your troubles should our paths ever cross ;)

·
Premium Member
6,933 Posts
Think Paprika v the red interiors that were available in the Elise. I'll bet that's the difference though I honestly have not seen a blood red.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
to me paprika is more of a brick type red..sort of earthy tone. Venom red in the sunlight (especially in a full venom interior) is more of a true red, bright, sort of 50s corvette interior red leather if that makes sense just not as glossy. If you could see both in the sun you could really distinguish them.

·
Premium Member
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Does the VR get that dull brick colored look in low light?

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
I only ever saw venom in light so can't answer that

·
Registered
246 Posts
Turned down a venom red/carbon grey. With the new cars it is all one color inside and VERY red. Best comment I got was that "Dexter could murder somebody in that car and nobody would notice". One of those things that I would NOT buy unless you actually see it in person. The lighting does make a difference and pics may not be good enough. It is one of those things that you will either like or not. Unlikely, it will be anything neutral.

·
Disciple of Chapman
1,620 Posts
When I saw the Venom red I liked it very much. to me it looks very rich and a bit "eccentric" very much what you would expect in a exotic car. I think a Carbon exterior with the Venom interior would be awesome,
When I purchased my car I was offered a White Evora with the Paprika interior. Just did not like the paprika at all.
I agree with most who say you need to experiance these colors befor a buy. charcoal is a safe color , which is what I ended up with, but not near as exotic looking as some of the other choices

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have the Venom Red / Carbon Grey. I'm usually fairly conservative, and had ordered it without even seeing it. I was absolutely terrified / second guessing it when I ordered it, but now that I have it, I wouldn't change it for anything! The grey exterior is fairly sedate, the red interior adds some personality without being over the top.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts