The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ok, so my 2006 Federal Elise has factory brakes.

Fronts:

Rear brakes:

ok, so I now have these steel brake pistons along with AP racing seals from the good folks at BWR:

I'm trying to confirm that these pistons and AP racing seals will work with my factory calipers? It would be a bummer to start a caliper rebuild, only to find out the parts don't work for the factory calipers.

Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are there any negatives/cons to using these?

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
But seriously I have used them like 20k track miles. Still perfect.

·
Registered
721 Posts
I've got a dynamic Wish List and upgrading my stock calipers is on it. BWR offers the best one-stop shop I've found:

Already have DiscNoir Rotors & Porterfield R4-S Pads but want to re-fresh with these:

Vented HP SS Pistons
AP Front Caliper Seals
AP Front Retaining Pins & Anti-rattle Plates
Brembo Rear Spring & Pin Kit
Rear Caliper Overhaul Kit
F/R SS Brake Lines

Also saw that MWR has a SSC Big Bore Master Brake Cylinder. Haven't done any research yet but suspect it's not really needed for my typical street use...?

Reactions: goelise

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
I've got a dynamic Wish List and upgrading my stock calipers is on it. BWR offers the best one-stop shop I've found:

Already have DiscNoir Rotors & Porterfield R4-S Pads but want to re-fresh with these:

Vented HP SS Pistons
AP Front Caliper Seals
AP Front Retaining Pins & Anti-rattle Plates
Brembo Rear Spring & Pin Kit
Rear Caliper Overhaul Kit
F/R SS Brake Lines

Also saw that MWR has a SSC Big Bore Master Brake Cylinder. Haven't done any research yet but suspect it's not really needed for my typical street use...?
Rebuilding the rears can be a crapshoot as they are hard to dissassemble. I have been running with no anti rattle plate for a while, no issues. Good lines are key though.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Rebuilding the rears can be a crapshoot as they are hard to dissassemble. I have been running with no anti rattle plate for a while, no issues. Good lines are key though.

Is that to save weight? 😁

All kidding aside, I assume you're using the BOE Brake Bias Cage? Any insight on the Big Bore MC?

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
The anti rattle spring apparenlty contributes to knock back on track.

I was using it, I now use a tilton pedal box.

The BOE cage is good, I used it for a while and I only changed so that I could move my pedal box for better left foot braking with a sequential.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts