The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm looking to upgrade from a white 2010 N/A manual to a 2014 S manual. I finally narrowed my color choices down to Isotope Green and Lamborghini's Verde Ithaca. The local dealer/agent got approval from Lotus UK to do the Verde Ithaca, so that's ready to go if I decide to go that route. I'm actually still struggling to decide between the two colors. I'm open to hearing opinions? Probably will only confuse me more, but it might be a nice distraction from burning cars and airbag exemptions.

Here is the V.I. Abe had in stock: http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f94/2013-lotus-evora-s-2-0-verde-ithaca-159794/

There aren't a lot of pictures around for Isotope Green, but I managed to find enough to put together this comparison below.

Here is how I'm planning on spec'ing it out:

Standard transmission close ratio
Tech pack
Premium pack sport black/red stitching
Gloss black design wheels 19/20
Red brake calipers
Dark headliner
Reversing camera
Lotus Sport Exhaust with blue tips
Exige/Sport Racer steel shifter knob
Star shield
Autofold mirrors (that thread changed my mind on this . . . life is too short to be fiddling with switches and breaking things)
Two-tone Composite engine cover (red)
Floor mats
Black lotus/evora badging letters

Attachments

·
Registered
301 Posts
Personally I would pick neither. I would go for yellow sports racer style, or racing green. But ofcourse it's your car, so if you only wanted either one of these colours I would go for the Lamborghini green. I passed by the lotus showroom today the salesman there told me Lotus might make some comestic changes to the grills in the bumper.

·
Relapsing Honda fan
1,259 Posts
Greens were the biggest color at SEMA last year, which is a polite way of saying no one will want you're green car in a few years. Otherwise one huge thing to consider is how the car's curves react to pearl / metal flake. The Evora's all look better with heavy metallics.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, resale is an issue. I assume there is a good reason why there are no pictures of Isotope Green.

The problem for me is the colors I really like (nightfall blue and velvet red) don't show the curves and creases in the car as well as they deserve.

I considered chrome orange. Don't want yellow. Carbon grey was/is my "safe color." But I figure if I'm going to frivolously spend a lot of money, I should be really . . . frivolous?

·
2013 Evora S since 11/13
239 Posts

·
Disciple of Chapman
1,620 Posts
Skittles!!!!
Taste the rainbow

Both colors will definitely attract attention

·
Registered
795 Posts
I wish they would bring back the Krypton Green. But, between the two above, I'd pick the Verde.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
I'm pretty sure you can order any of the back colors-my preference is Krypton over Isotope, might be worth asking if they'll do that too? to complicate things you know :)

VI or Isotope, I prefer VI as a color. BUUUUT I am weird and would also have a hard time choosing it as it is a Lambo color, and Isotope and KG are original Lotus colors...

But I agree. The cars with the gold or silver metallic flake over them show off the subtle curves best. And especially when they hit the sunlight just right, it is hard to notice until then.

This curve on the rear haunch is my favorite..and only some colors enunciate it

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
There is a good thread on TLF about Motorsport Green, which also looks great.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
I am of the opinion that exotic cars should always be in balls out colors instead of a color better suited for a Prius. Either shade of green you are considering would qualify. I would personaly go with VI because it is a metallic color whereas I don't think IG is.

On the flipside, if I was purchasing a car in the price rrange of the 2014 VI Evora that has been listed on eBay,
I'd come up with another $15 or $20k and buy a used Gallardo in VI.

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
Hard to pick up in photos unless you have camera skills which I do not however VI is absolutely stunning when the sun is on it..metallic flakes really pop and considering where the OP is at, it will really do just that...pop :drool: Good luck in your choice :up:

1 - 20 of 88 Posts