The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this topic has been beat to death especially in regards to personal opinion for the style and additional weight, though would like to know if anybody has any knowledge of how to do it.

I live in Bangkok where the parking spaces are much smaller than back home in the US and most places I simply can't get the doors open wide enough on the S3 to exit or get in the car. Currently I am limited to going places that offer super car parking as they have designated areas with wider parking spaces, though this is very limited. Rolling the top open helps, but is less than ideal especially in the rain (Which is a lot here) and impossible with the hard top. Having the option to swing the doors vertically would solve a lot of headaches. I know many kits open regular with the option to swing up, so this would be ideal. Weight isn't a big issue as I have another car dedicated for the track, and my apologies to the purists that cringe at this idea in general. I just want to be able to drive daily without worrying about parking and getting out.

I know Auto-loc has univeral kits, 1USAmotorsports claims to have a way to do a bolt-on, and have read about several others doing it, especially in Europe, though no specifics. The only current real solution I see is a kit from scissor-doors.com but crazy expensive at $6400. Does anybody have info on how this can be done for a more reasonable price? Companies, pics, etc

1 - 2 of 2 Posts