The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone thought of putting the vertical opening doors on the Elise. I mean the Elise to me looks like an exotic beast, vertical doors would make it even more so. Would those doors make it easier to get in and out???
Just a thought.
Cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
A bominable

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Graydon said:
This has been discussed before, all I can say is prepare to get flamed...
More of an illumination than a flame. Those doors will simply add weight and slow down the car, so why? Besides, at the angle shown in the picture it would probably make ingress/egress more difficult.

·
shay2nak
25,083 Posts
Graydon said:
This has been discussed before, all I can say is prepare to get flamed...
lol

·
Registered
7,430 Posts
I don't think I could give up those beautiful hinges. I swear sometimes I just sit in the car and stare at them with the doors open. We really have a beautiful car folks. It truly is a work of art.

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
wallabyguy said:
I don't think I could give up those beautiful hinges. I swear sometimes I just sit in the car and stare at them with the doors open. We really have a beautiful car folks. It truly is a work of art.
agreed.
the hinges are a work of art...
(as is the car)

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Wow, all I can say is do we really need even MORE attention? I get enough-certainly the Elise draws a crowd every where I go. No bling for me, thank you.

Oh, yeah-those hinges really DO rock!

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
5,682 Posts
That's a great idea. Then afterwards, you can go get a beat up, twenty year old Town Car and make it look like a Bentley! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
funny you guys mention the hinges. i was gazing in awe at them just last night. oh, and not to be completely negative take a look at the sponsors' pages here. there is a gull wing top you might consider if it is ease of ingress/egress that is pushing you toward this. that top might be the thing for you

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
Anyone have any PICs showing the door beam and interior of our doors? Here's a drawing showing some detail of the beam / hinge. I read that there are steel endplates bonded into the doors and the striker pins on the car body that the latches grasp when the doors are close are directly attached to our beefy roll bars.

Attachments

·
Registered
687 Posts
Stan said:
Our B-U-T-Full hinge....
What a coincidence. My boss had told a client about my car, so we ended up going to look at my car in the parking lot after lunch today. I was done for the day, so I took the top off and left the doors open to give a view of the interior. One of the things the client pointed out was how great the hinges look. :)

·
Registered
94 Posts
When people look at the Elise for the 1st time they don't usually say much. They just take it all in.

In my experience the 1st thing that brings words to their mouth is, "Look at those hinges".

Truly a work of art.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts