The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How cool is this. Lotus Exige S @ putnam

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/L18OBPmXazM&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/L18OBPmXazM&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Im not sure if im willing to fish out the money to achieve this extremely sweet set-up. But man this is cool.

Anybody know where/how someone could look into this kind of set-up?
I went to their site Trackvision.net but it seems thats just some kind of Program that you feed data into.

Does anybody have any recommondations are the most affordable way to achieve something like this?

Thanks for the help guys.

I just got back from putnam and had a blast. But i found myself itching to know my lap-times. And after a two day event i almost got bored because i didnt know my lap times.

·
Super Moderator
6,819 Posts
Looks to me like he's using a TraqMate to gather the data, then feeding it and a video into the TrackVision program to combine the two.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I looked into traqmate before.

$1000 for traqmate then $200 for trackvision program.

Im guessing a lap-top is almost required to use this kind of stuff on a track weekend. ?

·
Registered
2,202 Posts

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
whats the cheapest way to keep track of lap times over the weekend.

besides a friend with a stop watch?

·
Registered
141 Posts
whats the cheapest way to keep track of lap times over the weekend.

besides a friend with a stop watch?
If you just started doing track events, I recommend not worrying about your lap times for a while yet. Focus on improving your driving skills and consistency.

That being said, HotLap timers are about $250.

I'm saving up for a datalogger, myself. That TraqMate setup is pretty sweet.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you just started doing track events, I recommend not worrying about your lap times for a while yet. Focus on improving your driving skills and consistency.

That being said, HotLap timers are about $250.

I'm saving up for a datalogger, myself. That TraqMate setup is pretty sweet.
I consider myself a little ahead of the curve to your typical novice driver.

Ive taken a Karting school class at bondurant, Ive driven beaver-run and now Putnam park.

It really gets not the point where it pisses me off that i dont know my lap times.

I turn out a what seems like a perfect lap. Every turn felt great, but how would i ever know? I go home wondering. I dont know how thats fundamental to myself.

Hotlap timers is exactly what i was looking for. Thank you! But you could be right. Saving up for a traqmate could be the way to go. :D

·
Registered
83 Posts
We'll put the Traqmate in your car!

Jeff, I'll be at Putnam on the 7th and again on the 29th. If you're going to be there, let me know in advance and I'll find a way to make sure we can mount the Traqmate in your car for a session. If you have a camera mount, we'll even get the video, and I'll make a video like my with your data. I'll just need to know ahead of time as I hard mounted the Traqmate right after that video was shot. But, if I know ahead of time, I'll figure it out. Let me know.....

Ryan
Indy

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
I use a G2X. Its very similar to the traqmate but I prefer the display. It will also work with the trackvision software.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I have an electric stopwatch that records 100 laps. Each time I pass the start line I click it. When the session is over I look at the times. It is not 100% accurate due to the human factor but for $30 it is hard to beat. It is velcroed to the dash.

I have to say lap times hold little interest for me. Instead I want to catch the guy ahead of me. If the track is empty, I am bored.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts