The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
part-time Jedi knight
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was able to acquire an Elise in Hawaii (on my island). Been driving around slowly in my little town for the past hour. Took my daughters for a ride... will put more miles on it tomorrow.

Big Mahalos to the previous owner for hooking me up! I will try to post pics from various Big Island locations in the near future. Sorry to the mainland sellers I interacted with, the deal was too good to pass up here.

Aloha...

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
Woo, gratz!

I'm sure the island will give AWESOME backdrops for photo opportunities.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Congrats on the purchase! I am considering moving down to Hawaii and will bring the car with me for sure if I end up down there

·
part-time Jedi knight
66 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Perfect environment for the car.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
LOL! I'm sure they're great pics if I can just see the whole pic and not just sections of it! :nanner2:

Welcome to the forum! :clap:

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Congrats. You'll love this car. Looking at your pictures sometimes I wonder why I'm putting up with this cold winter in New Jersey. What is the temperature in Hawaii right now? Oh, never mind :(

·
part-time Jedi knight
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
more pics...

Hana Road is on Maui. I'm on the island of Hawaii.

Got to have some fun today. Outside of Waimea, there is a road call Old Mamalahoa Highway. It connects the east side of Waimea with Honokaa town going up and over a small community called Ahualoa. It is nice and curvy, with no traffic, and somewhat fresh pavement, going through open pastures, up and over rollings hills. It was awesome and I plan on doing this route often (14-15 miles one way)! I'm going to mount a video camera in the grill and try to get some recordings in the near future. The drive took me and my daughter to Tex's in Honokaa for some milkshakes, and then we drove out to Waipio Lookout. I have attached two pictures - stopped in a foresty section of the old highway, and then one in the Waipio Lookout parking lot.

Tomorrow morning, I'm going for sunrise at Laupahoehoe Point.

Attachments

·
part-time Jedi knight
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
one more for the weekend

I did not make it to Laupahoehoe Point this morning - could not wake up for sunrise. I did go for a little ride up a ways on the infamous Saddle Road. I turned around at the old ranch near Waikii. The west side Saddle Road is horribly bumpy and pot-holed. It was not fun.

Attachments

·
part-time Jedi knight
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
more pics Kohala Mountain Road

Washed and waxed the car this morning, then took my 8 year old on a ride up Kohala Mountain Road to the lookout. The air quality on the island has been junk for a while now, and can't get those perfect blue sky blue water backgrounds. Took pics anyways...

Attachments

1 - 20 of 33 Posts