The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got the Gotham 265 tune for my 07 Exige S. I am actually shocked at how much stronger the car pulls. I was not expecting the amount of acceleration improvement that I got.

Having previously owned a FF275 Elise, it was hard not to compare my stock Exige S to my FF275 Elise. The FF275 Elise was definitely faster and pulled much stronger than the stock Exige S. I am confident that the Gotham tune on my Exige S puts it very close to my FF275 Elise. The Gotham kicks hard at 6000 and pulls hard to the limiter. No question that my Exige will now out-accelerate my Carrera S to 100.

Another benefit is that my car has not stalled once since the Gotham tune was added.

Every 07 Exige S should have this tune.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Nice! How much $ was it?

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
We'll have to compare soon. :evil:

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Take it for a drive the next time we are at Thunderhill.

The funny thing that I realized was that I had been mistakenly commenting that the supercharger on the stock Exige S made the power curver smooth (relative to the NA Elise). As we know, the NA cars have zero power until 6000 and then the second cam kicks like a mule. On the stock Exige S, there is no "kick" at 6000, just smooth power throughout the rev range. The reality is that the stock Exige S ECU tune "chokes" the power at 6000, preventing the kick that the engine still is capable of doing. With the Gotham tune, the 6000 rpm kick is back. I missed that power kick.

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
That's good to know. I've been toying with the idea of doing the Gotham myself. And you are right...there isn't much of a kick at all on the stock car (although my Exige feels much faster than the N/A Elise I drove.)

What's funny is...we were both at Thill on the same day, but I don't think we met each other (at least I don't remember if we did).

·
Registered
912 Posts
Take it for a drive the next time we are at Thunderhill.

The funny thing that I realized was that I had been mistakenly commenting that the supercharger on the stock Exige S made the power curver smooth (relative to the NA Elise). As we know, the NA cars have zero power until 6000 and then the second cam kicks like a mule. On the stock Exige S, there is no "kick" at 6000, just smooth power throughout the rev range. The reality is that the stock Exige S ECU tune "chokes" the power at 6000, preventing the kick that the engine still is capable of doing. With the Gotham tune, the 6000 rpm kick is back. I missed that power kick.
The Exige S has a variable change over point from anywhere between 4500 to 6200 RPM depending on throttle position and load. If you have an exhaust or intake the change over is more noticeable.

·
Registered
992 Posts
I totally agree...have had mine now for months and it's so much quicker than the stock car its not even funny. I really dont get the oppty to put the hammer down for more than a few seconds, at least where I drive most often. I'll put her up against most cars, especially at 1940lbs.

·
Premium Member
4,709 Posts
Yes, Charlie is the best! :bow:

·
Registered
605 Posts
Just curious... what do you guys think the likelihood of this passing the biannual California smog tests are?

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
Just curious... what do you guys think the likelihood of this passing the biannual California smog tests are?
+1

I am guessing it'll probably not be a problem, but does anyone know for sure?

·
Registered
845 Posts
You don't have to smog your car for the first six years, so if you have a 07, you don't really have to worry about it until 2013. And if it does fail (it shouldn't), you can always flash it back to factory settings

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
You don't have to smog your car for the first six years, so if you have a 07, you don't really have to worry about it until 2013. And if it does fail (it shouldn't), you can always flash it back to factory settings
Ah...right. :bow:

·
Registered
10,000 Posts
thanks guys.

re the smog, i don't change any of the mapping that'd affect any of the smog testing procedures, so it is within emission specs, its been through the sniffer test a few times and passed no problem.

·
Premium Member
4,709 Posts
thanks guys.

Sir Charles,

You deserve all the kudos..... I just wish you still lived in N. Hollywood. :D :D

You coming out for the party next week? ;)

·
shay2nak
25,083 Posts
yeah, you should move to LA. :D

·
Registered
605 Posts
re the smog, i don't change any of the mapping that'd affect any of the smog testing procedures, so it is within emission specs, its been through the sniffer test a few times and passed no problem.
Thanks for the straight answer Charliex.

...Only 3k miles left on my warranty. :( Heehee. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
912 Posts
Sir Charles,

You deserve all the kudos..... I just wish you still lived in N. Hollywood. :D :D

You coming out for the party next week? ;)
What party???

1 - 20 of 31 Posts