The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
S4s
778 Posts
I've seen it in person. This could be used as a reference car for how an original should look. Interior was fantastic except for minimal wear on the seat bolster. Engine and undercarriage was clean. The owner didn't spare any expense (with a local Esprit mechanic who has decades of experience on the 910) making sure it was a solid driver.

Attachments

·
Registered
188 Posts
It was a really clean example. Was listed as TMU so I don't know the story there. It has the S4 wheels. I wonder if it had the factory faux X180r wheels it would be more or less valuable.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It was a really clean example. Was listed as TMU so I don't know the story there. It has the S4 wheels. I wonder if it had the factory faux X180r wheels it would be more or less valuable.
It had the factory wheels included in the sale, as well. The listing mentioned there being mileage discrepancies in the Carfax, but it wasn't in the gallery. It sure didn't seem to bother anyone.

A very encouraging result.

·
Super Moderator
4,269 Posts
It had the factory wheels included in the sale, as well. The listing mentioned there being mileage discrepancies in the Carfax, but it wasn't in the gallery. It sure didn't seem to bother anyone.

A very encouraging result.
The mileage IMHO was typos at the DMV or where ever that is recorded - the condition of the car looked great and matched the odometer expectation. But was surprised that the Carfax showed so many instances of wrong mileage. Makes me wonder why the data was so mangled.

That price for a 93.5 (fairly rare) was quite healthy - not a surprise as the condition was great.

Guess that means my bucket list item of buying an X180R street car is going to become even more difficult.
I don't need another Esprit; cripes, I don't 'need' the 87 I already have.

But I certainly do WANT...

·
Registered
188 Posts
The mileage IMHO was typos at the DMV or where ever that is recorded - the condition of the car looked great and matched the odometer expectation. But was surprised that the Carfax showed so many instances of wrong mileage. Makes me wonder why the data was so mangled.

That price for a 93.5 (fairly rare) was quite healthy - not a surprise as the condition was great.

Guess that means my bucket list item of buying an X180R street car is going to become even more difficult.
I don't need another Esprit; cripes, I don't 'need' the 87 I already have.

But I certainly do WANT...
Yeah, My CARFAX is a little all over the place too. It changed hands and states many times so there were recording errors for sure.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts