The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a photo of my local friend, Pat Dennis, and his Lotus Mk.6. He tells me this car is the 44th Lotus ever built. It will be displayed this Sunday at the Gulf Coast Britsh Car Club show in Boca Raton.
Michael

Attachments

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
5,682 Posts
Please have him bring it to LOG!!!

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I saw the care at LOG in Colorado. Very nice and a real eye opener when you start comparing the technology of then and now. Must be a real hoot to drive. Congrats to Pat on having such a gem.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
I have known Pat for some time, he is a long time Lotus enthusiast and his Mark VI is a quite historic car.

Here is a picture of a number of Sixes at LOG 27. Pat's is POP444, mine is far left. They made quite a nice grouping, and I like the juxtaposition of the Sixes in front of the modern Esprits.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Sweet!! What a cool car! The predecessor to every Lotus out there.

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wonderful photo, I will forward it to Pat, if he does not have it already.
Michael
I have known Pat for some time, he is a long time Lotus enthusiast and his Mark VI is a quite historic car.
Here is a picture of a number of Sixes at LOG 27. Pat's is POP444, mine is far left. They made quite a nice grouping, and I like the juxtaposition of the Sixes in front of the modern Esprits.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Not sure if Pat has the pic, if he doesn't I am sure he'll appreciate it, and please give him my regards. Pat knows more about sixes than anyone I know, he is the US registrar for Sixes for the Historic Lotus Register.

In regards to Manyana, I sure Pat can give a much more detailed account, but... Pat's car is not only historic because it is old and an early chassis. It is more historic because of it's race history. I can't remember right now who the driver was, but the original owner raced POP444 extensively and was quite successful. It was the original owner that named the car Manyana. Pat has kept the car original.

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
The Yellow 6 on the right is a local here in SoCal.
iirc the car has its original paint job which was done by Kenny Howard, AKA Von Dutch

1 - 13 of 13 Posts