The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my wife onboard to allow me to get a Lotus as a third vehicle. I have been doing my homework online but I really need to know the cost of maintaining a Lotus please anyone.

·
Registered
438 Posts
This question is asked about three times a week. I would do some searching but in short it is very cheap.

I have had the car for about a year now and if you do your own oil (which is barly harder than a normal car) it costs practically nothing. The only maintience thing that takes up my money is tires.

Everything except the body is relativly cheap to replace on this car.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
if you can change your own oil/brakes/etc then its not much more than a toyota celica... until someone backs into your car

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
if you can change your own oil/brakes/etc then its not much more than a toyota celica... until someone backs into your car
or you rear end someone...

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
or if you take it to a tire shop and they drop it off a lift just for giggles

·
Registered
685 Posts
The trunk doubles up as a baby bathtub if you're not careful hosing.

Your wife wouldn't be able to nag you riding shotgun (which is good for you but not for her).

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Are you by chance a cheesy 90's inspirational singer??

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
I think with that user name, we know who wears the pants...

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
80s, 80s inspirational singer (god I suddenly feel old). She went secular (sort of) in the 90s.
Hey Im jewish so I get +/- decade leeway.....

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
I have my wife onboard to allow me to get a Lotus as a third vehicle. I have been doing my homework online but I really need to know the cost of maintaining a Lotus please anyone.
Welcome.

But you failed the first qualification of Lotus ownership. If you have to ask the wife, are you man enough for a Lotus?

-poke-

1 - 14 of 14 Posts