The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 440 Posts

·
Crazy Car Guy
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Vision Function would like to Introduce our Elise Intercooled Supercharger Kit. We have been developing this project for roughly 2 years at this point. Over the past year we have have been in contact with CharlieX who is the man for Tuning these monsters. At this point we are millimeters close to launching a product that should satisfy our joint efforts to make this the best kit possible. Tremendous head room was put into this kit to offer this like a race configuration at a bit higher boost pressure and added injector capacity.

As our base kit stands we can easily make 100+ whp over a stock elise with our 7.5 psi kit without being tuned on the ragged edge. To me this is great thing, headroom and upgradeability makes for an ideal modification.

The kit includes:
• MP62 Supercharger
• Bar and Plate Air-to-Air Intercooler
• Custom designed Intake Manifold
• CharlieX Reflashed ECU

MP62

We use the venerable MP62 supercharger. Same unit as GM uses for it's factory Forced Induction Ecotec engines. This model supercharger provides us with exceptional performance in reasonable packaging. Our base kits is uses a 3.2 inch pulley that allows us to make 7 psi in the intake manifold. This is more than enough boost pressure to give you an additional 100 horsepower on tap. In order to make the supercharger as efficient as possible we designed a cast supercharger inlet and outlet with SolidWorks and a fluid flow simulation program called CosmosFlowWorks. The outcome was staggering numbers which really show up on the dyno numbers and the road performance of the Supercharger kit.

Dyno Stock vs. Intercooled Elise SC Kit Dpack

Dynojet Comparison

Intercooler

The dyno plot tells you all you need to know about performance:
What it doesn‘t tell you is how we do it and how we make this power while maintaining reliability. The secret: Cooler intake temperatures. Cooler intake temperatures mean a denser intake charge and a denser intake charge means a larger mass of air in the combustion chamber at any given boost level. More air means more horsepower (with the proper control of fuel and ignition timing, of course). Cooler intake temps have the added benefit of reducing the risk of engine damaging detonation.

Injectors

The injectors of choice are RC Engineering 440cc Injectors. At our 7 psi we are have complete control of AFR all the way up until our 8500 rpm rev limit. These injectors work well with our kit allowing you to have a very smooth idle quality and superb fuel control throughout the power band.

Charlie X Custom ECU Reflash

Upon conception of our Supercharger Kit, we sought the best Engine Management Solution and now we have a great working relationship with CharlieX. Together we have spent countless hours of dialing in the Fuel Map, Ignition Map, Variable Cam Timing Map, etc. After long days and some nights of tuning the car really seemed happiest at about 13.0 afr on the small cam, then at peak torque on the large cam 12.5 afr at peak torque and 11.9 afr at Peak Power. While running it slightly richer than usual we did lose some horsepower but what we gained was reliable as a richer AFR gives you better in cylinder cooling. Simply said less heat less stress! We use our in house Dynapack Dynometer, in the load based tuning mode. This is great R&D tool to dial the car in properly with its steady state rpm tuning and load ability. Some of the great names in the automotive industry use this dyno like Nascar, TRD, MINE'S those are just a few to start.

As a teaser when we did switch over to the 2.9 pulley we immediately melted the clutch on our vehicle and it ended our Tuning session with Charlie. :) I think Charlie referred to this as the Face Melter! We will be playing with that one again...

I just wanted to get a central location for some questions and info regarding the kit. We have few Beta customers who will be installing our kits and making the switch from another non intercooled kit that is on the market as well. We plan to offer a package for these vehicle too.

I will be posting install pictures throughout the week. Stay Tuned! :popcorn:

[email protected]
Site is still under construction!:thwack:

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Did I miss it, or was a price not listed? If so, quanta costa? All the hype is great but worthless without pricing information.

·
Premium Member
4,550 Posts
$$$?
as I was just about to pull the trigger on Katana...comparisons?

·
Registered
815 Posts
what about the "manifold, ic, pulley, tune" upgrade package for current non-intercooled folks?

Looks nice btw!

·
Registered
958 Posts
Is this guy an offical sponsor? C'mon guys. He makes 1 post and that post is to push his product? Lets make sure its legit...

·
Registered
283 Posts

·
Crazy Car Guy
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
There is a GOD :)
Yes, Please update for us Non intercooled owners for price and availability!
NZ
I have not posted pricing as of yet since we are not Vendors Currently.

Looking forward to the installed pics...very nice. You're in good hands with Charlie's tuning :)
Agreed Charlie and I traded some tuning tips along the way. It made for a fun experience.

CARB compliant?

Cost?
The kit is not currently CARB compliant. Although we are looking to seek the certification. We have had many discussions with Charlie in regards to this.

Is this guy an offical sponsor? C'mon guys. He makes 1 post and that post is to push his product? Lets make sure its legit...
Oh we are legit. :cool: I just want this to be a place where information can be found.

Dynojet Numbers were added!

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
what about the "manifold, ic, pulley, tune" upgrade package for current non-intercooled folks?

Looks nice btw!
If the nose piece is different than the Greddy blower that is on the Katana and BWR kit then there may be issues retrofitting. Just like the Lotus nose pice is 3/8" longer than the Greddy one so the Katana blower wont work with Exige S brackets. I have no idea of the specs on the blower they are using for this though.

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
any place charliex is involved, i'm listening.
minimum required withdrawal time is coming...i gotta do something with it, now i'm over 70.......:panic:
rotfl sam

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
...woooohoooo!..

...at last!..

:bow::clap::bow:

(let's see, if i start saving now - spring 2010!)

·
Crazy Car Guy
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If the nose piece is different than the Greddy blower that is on the Katana and BWR kit then there may be issues retrofitting. Just like the Lotus nose pice is 3/8" longer than the Greddy one so the Katana blower wont work with Exige S brackets. I have no idea of the specs on the blower they are using for this though.
This this is true we have a customer who is test fitting the conversion kit shortly, he will be able to let us know if it will be able to use the Katana supplied Supercharger. Nose length is one of the issues that may be involved as well as the bypass valve placement. If it does work you guys will be the first to know.

Thanks,

Jermaine~

·
Registered
144 Posts
<-- Subscribed :)

100hp sounds very tempting

·
Registered
563 Posts
Wow, sounds incredible.

After riding in an SC220 and an S240, I can't even IMAGINE what 100 extra horsepower would feel like! :crazyeyes:crazyeyes:panic:

1 - 20 of 440 Posts