The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i think i am about to pull the trigger on the Vision Function supercharger. Any recommendations for an installer in the area. If its not a terrible pita i may do it myself. Any idea what an install of that nature would roughly run.
Thanks

·
Registered
365 Posts
I'm really not trying to promote anything here, but are you sure you want to move forward on VF without at least seeing what Phil's final TVS-based kit looks like? You don't want to be kicking yourself later. (If you've already looked at it, sorry about assuming otherwise.)

I think I saw on VF website that if you care about a warranty on the kit, you must use an approved installer. I'm not sure who is approved in the area, but I'm sure if you ping LT user [email protected], he can tell you.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Lol, here is some advice from someone who actually owns the kit because the LAST thing you will be is sorry...plus you will have the piece of mind during the hot TX summer that you have an intercooler. This alone made it worth it for me.

We TX guys are in luck for installs...Jay Choi is one of the best around. He can do what ever you need including the clutch or anything else. Plus he is recommended by VF as an installer and has met with both Charlie and Jermaine. Oh, and his prices are great!

After you get the kit you will wonder why you didn't do it sooner.

Good luck, I highly recommend VF...my car has been running great.

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
If you want to have someone else do it, Jay Choi is your man.

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
awesome thanks for the info guys. Thats what i was looking for,pm coming your way Jay.
As far as the tvs, Looks good but i am what you call IMPATIENT!
It may be better and i may kick myself a little but i mean how sad am i gonna be rolling around in a 280whp 1900lbs sexy machine.
Intercooler was one of my deciding factors.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
I really don't see how you will kick yourself for passing a C5 Z06 on the straight without them having to lift... :D

I have 0 regrets other than Jermaine and Charlie didn't have this solution out last year when I bought the car!

Now if someone else had a SC/IC solution out before VF, then I would have probably went that route. Just don't want to run without the added safety factor of the intercooler and a Charlie tune to avoid going standalone.

Good luck with whatever you decide to go forward with!

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
What's an install typically cost? The local lotus shop bills over $8K for a katana install (not counting the almost 10% tax we pay here).

I figure for that cost it might just be worth doing myself!

·
Registered
170 Posts
holy cow.. Did you photshop me? :)
No potoshop, I recongize my garage when you installed my supercharger. I am planning on taking the car to Austin on Thursday if nothing changes.

·
Registered
9,297 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
What's an install typically cost? The local lotus shop bills over $8K for a katana install (not counting the almost 10% tax we pay here).

$8 thousand dollars for a Katana install??? :panic:

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
i wouldn't consider one unless i did the install myself!
my 2 cents.
sam

·
Registered
4,452 Posts

buy it and fly me out.. It'll still be cheaper.. :)

Seriously.. shoot me a PM, I have an idea for you..

·
Registered
2,793 Posts

They charge $500 an hour for labor there or something?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts