The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an Asia/Euro spec S2 2005 Exige with throttle cable - does anyone know if the VF stage 2 kit will work?

·
Crazy Car Guy
526 Posts
I have an Asia/Euro spec S2 2005 Exige with throttle cable - does anyone know if the VF stage 2 kit will work?
DrMike,

Can you take a look at your ecu and let me know the numbers that are on the ecu? I am 100% certain the kit will fit and I am 99.99% sure that we can get you proper mapping.

Thanks,

Jermaine~

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Awesome... Another English speaking Lotus owner in Japan.. :wave:

Edit.. lol, I've posted a bunch of your threads before and never ever realized you were in Japan.. Doh'
Yeh is kinda lonely here :)

My Japanese sucks so finding it slow work to get far into the local racing scene.

Went to Fuji a month back which was my 1st time at a Japanese track -had a blast and fairly happy with my times for my 1st visit and enjoyed 3 most tremendous spin offs :)

My current issue is getting a B then an A license when I cant write/read Kanji !! agghhh!! :shrug:

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Yeh is kinda lonely here :)

My Japanese sucks so finding it slow work to get far into the local racing scene.

Went to Fuji a month back which was my 1st time at a Japanese track -had a blast and fairly happy with my times for my 1st visit and enjoyed 3 most tremendous spin offs :)

My current issue is getting a B then an A license when I cant write/read Kanji !! agghhh!! :shrug:
I'm pretty sure they have English tests as well.. If they didn't then it would be quite difficult for all the foreign race teams to run on their track.... Kobayashi-son from BSK may be able to help you with some of the License stuff. I went with him last year to a race at Fuji with about 20 other Lotus' cars and he was explaining some of it to me... You can also contact [email protected] as he is the English translator for BSK They are very in to the Lotus Racing scene in Japan, quite friendly as well, but once again nobody at the actual shop can speak English... If you go by there and need any translation I'll send you my cell phone number so you can call me and I can help you out... I speak Japanese very well, but haven't even attempted to learn how to read or write it...

To get to BSK go to Nishi-magome station (the circled subway station on the map) and get off, then grab a taxi and have him bring you to the following address...
It's about 1km from the train station and the Taxi should only cost you about 700-1000 yen.

住所 : 〒146-0082
東京都大田区池上3-1-8 第二京浜ビル1階
代表 : 小林 輝彦
電話 : 03(3754)8611

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
You can also try Denag as well...

To get to Denag go to Ochiai-minami-nagasaki station (the circled train station on the map) and get off. When you Exit the train turn Left and go outside and turn left walk a little bit and it will be right there. They have a yellow lotus sign hanging off the bldg if I remember correctly.

This is the addy and phone number if you have any problems:

161-0031
東京都新宿区西落合
3-2-15 ドナーゲビル

TEL:03-5982-3055

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hi, Japaness

I am another Asian lotus owner in South Korea.
Nice to meet you guys~.

Do you have any lotus owner club in Japan?
We, Korea, have a lotus owner club. About 20 cars here.
Due to short history of selling lotus in Korea, we have small amount
of lotus owner in Korea.

There are few motor tracks in Korea. So we want to trip to Japan
for sports driving. It's only few hours to go to Japan aboading the ship with car.

If you want to trip to Korea, I'll help you. Some member of lotus owner in Korea can speak Japnaness very well.

Attachments

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Dragon,

Ill certainly follow up.

Thanks Charlie, Japan has tight emission laws do you think there could be any potential issues?

Dleogml, I love the paint work on that blue elise! very nice!

Cheers
m

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
I am another Asian lotus owner in South Korea.
Nice to meet you guys~.

Do you have any lotus owner club in Japan?
We, Korea, have a lotus owner club. About 20 cars here.
Due to short history of selling lotus in Korea, we have small amount
of lotus owner in Korea.

There are few motor tracks in Korea. So we want to trip to Japan
for sports driving. It's only few hours to go to Japan aboading the ship with car.

If you want to trip to Korea, I'll help you. Some member of lotus owner in Korea can speak Japnaness very well.
I would love to go to Korea some time, but I'm betting my wife would not be to happy about it... :panic:

However if I can ever get over that way I'll definitely get in touch with you.

By the way I'm American and speak English, but Japanese is also no problem...

Thanks Charlie, Japan has tight emission laws do you think there could be any potential issues?

m
Just so you know I passed my emission test last December with the BWR kit no problem... I don't think you'd have any issues with Charlie's tune as long as you keep your catalytic converter on the car.

·
Registered
10,000 Posts
Thanks Dragon,

Ill certainly follow up.

Dleogml, I love the paint work on that blue elise! very nice!

Cheers
m
i've never run into any problems before, i've done a few out there already, the japanese cars are just british cars, and we do our best to maintain the same emissions specs, however saying that i don't know what they are, but i've never heard anything back about it in the last couple of years since i did the first one.

If dragon says he passed with the bwr, then ours will too.

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
Hi, I'm at the airport going to korea today and japan later.. I'd like to meet some lotus members in korea and japan .. :)

I'm staying in Pusan and Seoul..

·
Registered
123 Posts
saw these guys last year on my way to grape picking near Toyko, pity they didn't speak much english, but some very nice cars there, especially the Esprits!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts