The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, I'm done with my SC install, and here's the video to prove it:

YouTube - Lotus Elise VisionFunction Supercharger Install HD

Click through and click the 'watch in HD' on YouTube to get the full viewing experience. :)

First off, the install took way longer than it would for most people, due in large part to me not really knowing what I am/was doing. The instructions are decent - not as good as the ClamHinge docs (assuming you have all the pages), but good enough that if you know a bit about what you're doing you'll be fine. Thankfully Jermaine over at VF was REALLY helpful, answered my questions (even nights and weekends), which is super awesome - it's nice being able to email or call when you get stuck on something. Everything pretty much fit as advertised, the only changes I made were related to the charcoal canister, but mainly those came about because I messed up and cut some of the wrong hoses (in my defense, that was the only non-reversible mistake I made). :)

Once I got everything installed, I got the car towed over to Lotus of Scottsdale to have Andy help me with a few last things and check it out that I installed things correctly. We fired it up about 6pm Friday, but there was a nasty whistling - so Andy hooked up a smoker to it and basically smoke came billowing out everywhere. My paranoia about not stripping any screws made me not tighten everything enough - nice. So, after a few hours, and Andy taking parts off so he could get at screws to tighten everything up, it was good to go - around 10pm. I suspect that if Andy had just done it from the beginning, he probably could have had it installed in probably slightly more time than it took for him to correct my mistakes.

The ClamHinge was a big hit, made the install a breeze plus several other Lotus owners came by the shop while I was there and admired it. One of them mentioned that someone had posted a timelapse of them installing it - hmmm, I wonder who that could have been? ;)

All in all, the SC is awesome - the added power is great and the sound is awesome. I'll get some normal footage of just driving around in it for those interested in hearing what it sounds like, give me a week or so.

Next on the timelapse list, I picked up some of the new motor mounts:

Lotus Elise Exige Engine Mount Inserts

and I also have almost a complete set of mesh replacements:

http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f92/mesh-grill-feeler-62798/

So one of those will be next - but I want to enjoy my car for a bit before I start on those... :)

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
THANKS, i'm interested in the VF and the video may help me.
sam

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
i see you wasted an hour or more finding that last intake manifold bolt, too!
I did find my tap and die set invaluable when doing my install. I cleaned many bolt holes and threads in the process. Enjoy..

·
Registered
256 Posts
Where is the new clutch install? Or was this done before or are you using stock? Please let us know how it holds up.

·
Anthony
604 Posts
Is there enough room for BOE's fuel swirl pot behind the IC?

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Is there enough room for BOE's fuel swirl pot behind the IC?
It doesn't sit where the inter cooler is. It sits back near the trunk area under the rear left qtr panel behind the tire. ;)

Can you re-post the video...says no longer available.

Thanks.

Jeff
His link is still working fine. Refresh the page and then click on it right away.... I've found that if I leave the page open for a little bit then click on the youtube links they often pop up as no longer available for some reason...

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think YouTube is having some problems (I can't even access them from my home connection, but can from my servers), so hopefully they'll fix things soon.

I don't have a short shifter timelapse yet, but I've been eyeballng the LETSLA and will probably be taking the plunge as soon as he finishes the bracket. I promise to do a better/more useful timelapse on that one... :)

·
Registered
113 Posts
Glad to hear its working!!! Where's the baby oil in the video? rotfl

1 - 12 of 12 Posts