The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know where I can source a supercharger Nose Cone Bracket/Brace or two for the Vision Function Kit? Mine broke at the track yesterday and I'm wanting to get my car back up and running.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,354 Posts
Thank you much! I just ordered a spare as mine is starting to show some stress cracks at the rearmost attachment point. Thanks Jermaine! Tommy

·
Premium Member
1,354 Posts
Wondering if I can get it reproduced in a stronger material. Not exactly sure what the material is but maybe iron or steal would be less prone to cracks. Or I may fashion a steal bar on each side to sandwich the new one when I have to reinstall. I think the stress comes from the pulley not being perfectly aligned with the alternator. I adjusted this about 8k miles ago and the cracks have not progressed. Smart to order 3 haha.

·
Premium Member
1,354 Posts
OK so mine had a good size crack in the nose bracket. I got a piece of good steel and machined to fit the replacement bracket. This, although thinner is very strong and I added it to the outside of the existing bracket made of aluminum. I put a ceramic coating between them to offset any dissimilar metal corrosion.I filled the crack with some cold weld. To replace the bracket in situ would be difficult as the pulley must come off. I am pretty sure this will solve any further issues. Will let you know after next track event. I will replace bracket when s/c needs to be reconditioned but that is a big job. All those with a vf system should check their bracket as I am not 100% sure what causes this stress and only saw it when tracking the car hard. I do think this will solve issue. Fingers crossed. Tommy

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts