The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to my defi boost gauge I'm boosting 10-12 psi. Is that normal? I checked the gauge on another friend's car and it reads what it suppost to.

How much are you guys with mp62 boosting?

·
Registered
846 Posts
According to my defi boost gauge I'm boosting 10-12 psi. Is that normal? I checked the gauge on another friend's car and it reads what it suppost to.

How much are you guys with mp62 boosting?
If you're measuring after the IC then the gauge seems a couple of pounds high. I had a differential sensor installed post IC and I was getting 9 to 10 PSI under full load at the track.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Just have to consider "boost" is in reality a measurement of restriction. The supercharger moves a set amount of air for a given RPM. The throttle blade is the only thing that can stop it from doing so. So if something along the way prevents the engine from breathing at full potential then you will see boost levels go up. Pre-intercooler, secondary camshaft lobe not engaged yet, restrictive header or catalyst. These can make your boost appear higher. It's the same reason a bigger turbo will make more power at the same boost levels compared to a smaller turbo, because the turbine is bigger and less restrictive on the bigger turbo.

That's just for general info to everyone, not targeted at the OP's knowledge.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts