The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Is there a lot of maintenance with the Vision Function Stage 2 on Elise 2006?
Loose bolts... etc...

My mecano asked me about the motor, is it a 2ZZ-GE?
He asked me about the crank, stroke, etc...
Anyone could give me some informations about that cause 90hp more on a motor i guess there is some parts that take a blast...?

Finally, there is a law here (Quebec Canada) that a car with more than 10 years have to pass through an inspection, will the SF2 pass the test you think??

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
+1
Mine came with my car, but it's been trouble free for about 8k mi. No additional maintenance except for a muffler that developed a rattle after a track day. Passed WA state emissions last year. It would take a very keen eye to spot it as aftermarket.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
There are are a couple bolts that should probably be checked maybe when you change the oil, but other then that its pretty plug and play.

The kit is unassuming looking, especially on an Elise where the side mount intercooler is hidden. The manifold looks stock and it covers the supercharger.

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
With the VF2, your rear tires will require more "maintenance".

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
The biggest maintenance issue I've heard of is rebuilding the engine.

My friend installed a VF2 a few weeks ago and just blew up his engine.

·
Premium Member
1,308 Posts
The one we just installed is fantastic! Just like my vf1! I foresee no problems. Maybe clutch thats it! I am highly confident in mine and Law's install. Do the preliminary upgrades and don't rev to 9k and it will be great! I do think the boe rev400 is just as good. Just your budget!

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Premium Member
1,308 Posts
It is important to have a good motor to start with

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
Be sure your bolts are snug and your boost tube clamps are tight.
Switch out the rubber oem hoses for silicone where you can too.
Some of mine cracked causing leaks, etc.

Get a catch can too or your intercooler will be irreparably coated in oil.
-Robert

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
I installed mine and have done nothing other than run the complete sh*t out of it every time I drive it.

I have not had to touch it once.

Torque is awesome and yes, you will need to buy a lot more back tires. (and completely worth it)

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
I did install bulge connectors for the intercooler pipes, but only because I really abuse my stuff and felt they allowed for more engine movement.

My choice to do, but not needed.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Sounds

The biggest maintenance issue I've heard of is rebuilding the engine.

My friend installed a VF2 a few weeks ago and just blew up his engine.
More like operator issue than upgrade!

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
I had the VF2 and loved it

Now I have the TVS, but I am crystal clear that our engines were not made for this kind of boost so I have the $$$ ready to rebuild when it craps out! Instead of complaining about it when it does! Do your homework and budget!:D

·
Registered
22 Posts
Now I have the TVS, but I am crystal clear that our engines were not made for this kind of boost so I have the $$$ ready to rebuild when it craps out! Instead of complaining about it when it does! Do your homework and budget!:D
lt0302, how was the tvs compare to vf2? if you dont mind to share your experience ?

·
Premium Member
1,308 Posts
Just a note to others planning this upgrade or any s/c. Install motor mount inserts to control engine motion, and I use 1 step colder plugs. Maybe not needed but mine haven't fould. I use Denso Iridium IK22's.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
There is no comparison

lt0302, how was the tvs compare to vf2? if you dont mind to share your experience ?
Its much much faster than the VF2! It is also quieter! There is no SC whine! So if you are addicted to it than pass on the tvs! Let's just say that a GT 500 and a Z06 from 50 to 160 could take me! How is that for fast!:D
I am already building a replacement engine with goodies that would handle the power better! I know that my driving will not prolong my engine life!
Look at my install thread! There is a picture of two SC's next to each other so you can tell that the tvs is much bigger! Throttle response is almost instantaneous!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Its much much faster than the VF2! It is also quieter! There is no SC whine! So if you are addicted to it than pass on the tvs! Let's just say that a GT 500 and a Z06 from 50 to 160 could take me! How is that for fast!:D
I am already building a replacement engine with goodies that would handle the power better! I know that my driving will not prolong my engine life!
Look at my install thread! There is a picture of two SC's next to each other so you can tell that the tvs is much bigger! Throttle response is almost instantaneous!
thanks lt0302, thats cool! will make plan to install mine very soon....have you done the dyno run?

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Not yet

thanks lt0302, thats cool! will make plan to install mine very soon....have you done the dyno run?
Jermaine is coming out in may to tune my car for my specific mods so that I get every HP that I can get!

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Just a note to others planning this upgrade or any s/c. Install motor mount inserts to control engine motion, and I use 1 step colder plugs. Maybe not needed but mine haven't fould. I use Denso Iridium IK22's.
I used this cheap method for engine mounts. I did the front and back about 4 years ago and they still look in good shape currently. The poly isn't torn or cracked or anything. It's $5 for a tube of this at home depot and you can 2-3 mounts per tube.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts