The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I had the engine mounts out while replacing my clutch, I went ahead and installed front and rear Powerflex engine mount bushings. I have a very noticable increase in vibration in the cabin at while idling. Vibration seems to go away above idle. It's bad enough I'm thinking of removing the bushings. Anyone else have this issue?

·
Premium Member
2,177 Posts
Some say it goes away, I think they just get used to it

Dunno how you missed that...

I have the rear innovative mount and one half mount in the front, better than the 2 innovative.

Eventually going to experiment more but increased vibration is a given

Since I had the engine mounts out while replacing my clutch, I went ahead and installed front and rear Powerflex engine mount bushings. I have a very noticable increase in vibration in the cabin at while idling. Vibration seems to go away above idle. It's bad enough I'm thinking of removing the bushings. Anyone else have this issue?

·
Less is Better
2,378 Posts
Stiffer inserts definitely increase vibration, but not to the point were it's objectionable. It gets better after time because the inserts get partially squeezed out of the bushing.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
I tried both the Powerflex and elise-shop inserts and eventually went back to stock. The vibration did get a little better after a while, but it was still enough to bother me and I'm really not very sensitive to NVH.

·
Registered
6,911 Posts
We put stiff mounts in back during the transition to full track. Helps with shifting it seems.

It’s entertaining to get different parts of the car to vibrate at slightly different rpm levels. Eventually they merge or disappear or something as the supercharger whine fills the air.

·
Supporting Vendor
4,130 Posts
The increased NVH is normal. I don't think it really goes away - you get used to it. Our sportINSERT mounts behave the same way as the Powerflex (we used to sell them). The performance advantage is worth the added NVH in my humble opinion...:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts