The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a show on SPEED right now called Victory by Design.

Currently they are going over Alfa Romeo, but Lotus is up next.

Anyone else watching this, or has seen it?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The guy stood on the drivers seat, then slid in and under. Quite odd.

Any one else use this method?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lotus History

I never realized that Lotus racing history was so lengthy and great. Truly a great history lesson

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Nuts. My recorder decided not to record. If anyone knows when it might be on again, please post.

(I did search: Corvette and Ford starting Monday at noon. That's it) :mad:

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
Taxcheat said:
Nuts. My recorder decided not to record. If anyone knows when it might be on again, please post.

(I did search: Corvette and Ford starting Monday at noon. That's it) :mad:

Supposedly 'soon' we'll be able to buy the DVD, which is not only in Dolby 5.1, it's about twice as long as the edited-for-broadcast version. Lots more time on the driving clips supposedly.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Great show, Saw it a 1/2 year ago or more on speed. Ended up downloading a torrent of it.

·
Registered
7,216 Posts
Victory by Design is a great series. I was out having fun in my car and missed the Lotus episode today at 4:00. :( I went to the website and called the toll free number. Apparently the place is pretty bogus. Some dwebe said that they only had Maserati and would not have anything else for months. He also said that their main business was selling "women's items". I was afraid to ask what that meant.
I went to the Speed site and came up dry searching for another airing. What to do?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Great show! That alfa 308? or was it the v16 that got split in two, the car that sounded amazing!!!...:shift: :nanner2: :nanner:

If you find a place that sells them on dvd, post it up i'd love to get them!

EDIT: just tried amazon, apparently they have them but are sold out, lame....

·
Registered
157 Posts
Have been waiting on the DVD since it first aired a year ago. Still on the TIVO and have burned a DVD (TIVOs just seem to die). Excellent program almost as good as The Best of British Lotus by Duke video we discussed here a few months back.

Taxcheat since you are in DC if you wish you can drive out here to the country and you can watch it. I commute Haymarket to District Heights, MD daily so the drive isn't horrible (bad not horrible). Main office is on Capital Hill. Maybe you can sell me on an Elise also.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
sparecr said:
Taxcheat since you are in DC if you wish you can drive out here to the country and you can watch it. I commute Haymarket to District Heights, MD daily so the drive isn't horrible (bad not horrible). Main office is on Capital Hill. Maybe you can sell me on an Elise also.
Um, actually, I think you'd end up selling me on that 7 of yours. :evil: Maybe when it's not snowing?:confused:

·
Registered
347 Posts
Shoot i missed it! Saw it the first time thoough. Great show! And jeez i want to buy that dvd, when when when? Decadenet come on please get the dvd out.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Victory by Design

I DVR the entire series--I think it is remarkably well done.I would kill for most of the roads DeCadinet gets to drive on! -Porsche got the best coverage,followed by Ferrari,Maserati. I felt that Alfa and Lotus didn't get their due.Almost all Lotus racing and street cars were revolutionary,not evolutionary. They broke new ground,they didn't "just repave the street".Most of the F1 teams,even today, have some connection with Lotus people or ARE Lotus people. The Lotus coverage did not credit Lotus with that. For example,Lotus was, in the 60's and 70's was as dominant in racing as Ferrari is today. Chapman,for all his faults,was an engineering genius,and also a brilliant businessman,a rare combination at any time. He hired the best people,made impossible demands of them to break now ground on the design front,and they did it. Even David Hobbs,Speed commentator started hiis career in a Lotus(Lotus Elite with a"Hobbs MechaMatic" automatic gearbox)IMHO,of course.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts