The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,633 Posts
My mama used to say never believe what you hear and only believe half of what you see...

·
Registered
768 Posts
The GT-R is missing every single apex, you can see the traction control stepping in because he gets on the gas early. The Exige driver, on the other hand, is doing a decent job. That GT-R is being punished by a bad driver. Poor thing. The Exige is very fast on track, I've tried to chase one, so I think it would still have one given equal drivers.

·
Registered
711 Posts
The GT-R driver cleans up a bit later in the video.....but early on, I was watching and thinking that the Exige driver went to drivers school and the GT-R driver went to Clown School

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
Very cool , but that V6 Exige at "power up" did not look much faster than a full blown REV400 Elige from where I was sitting. In front of my monitor I mean. Sweet car huh? Almost makes you want to move overseas.. But the REV400 car will have almost 100 whp more than that V-6. And will weigh less. Torque will be better on the low end on the V6, and maybe across the entire power band.. Just my ignorant ramblings....

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
The GT-R is missing every single apex, you can see the traction control stepping in because he gets on the gas early. The Exige driver, on the other hand, is doing a decent job. That GT-R is being punished by a bad driver. Poor thing. The Exige is very fast on track, I've tried to chase one, so I think it would still have one given equal drivers.
It almost looked like the GTR was only there to film the Lotus.

·
shay2nak
25,128 Posts
Very cool , but that V6 Exige at "power up" did not look much faster than a full blown REV400 Elige from where I was sitting. In front of my monitor I mean. Sweet car huh? Almost makes you want to move overseas.. But the REV400 car will have almost 100 whp more than that V-6. And will weigh less. Torque will be better on the low end on the V6, and maybe across the entire power band.. Just my ignorant ramblings....
you're comparing an out-the-box factory car vs one that's highly tuned with rebuilt motor and tranny = big $$$$$

wait until people lighten the v6 exige and tune it for more power.

·
Premium Member
5,633 Posts
wow. too bad the back is ugly. it has a rear bumper so what the hell they no sell it in the US?
In an effort to save the car I summited this rendering but got turned down but I understand, what does Lotus know about design, heck, they sell you a Yellow shirt with green text on it for $90 and people actually buy it -eek- rotfl

·
shay2nak
25,128 Posts
ha! I see what you did there.

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
In an effort to save the car I summited this rendering but got turned down but I understand, what does Lotus know about design, heck, they sell you a Yellow shirt with green text on it for $90 and people actually buy it -eek- rotfl

mad skills bro. Mad skills.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts