The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

Video: Exige v6 kills Gtr at silverstone

2K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  s2kseven 
#1 ·
#5 ·
The GT-R is missing every single apex, you can see the traction control stepping in because he gets on the gas early. The Exige driver, on the other hand, is doing a decent job. That GT-R is being punished by a bad driver. Poor thing. The Exige is very fast on track, I've tried to chase one, so I think it would still have one given equal drivers.

#9 ·
It almost looked like the GTR was only there to film the Lotus.

#8 · (Edited)
Very cool , but that V6 Exige at "power up" did not look much faster than a full blown REV400 Elige from where I was sitting. In front of my monitor I mean. Sweet car huh? Almost makes you want to move overseas.. But the REV400 car will have almost 100 whp more than that V-6. And will weigh less. Torque will be better on the low end on the V6, and maybe across the entire power band.. Just my ignorant ramblings....

#10 ·
you're comparing an out-the-box factory car vs one that's highly tuned with rebuilt motor and tranny = big $$$$$

wait until people lighten the v6 exige and tune it for more power.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.