The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Terry
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Roy Chiu, actor, singer and a pretty damn good racer who just crashed his Exige 260 lately :( sad to see a beautiful exige ran into wall. :(

·
Registered
142 Posts
Any word what caused it? Looks like the right rear toe link broke in the video - but I couldn't tell if that was before or because of the crash.

·
Terry
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Any word what caused it? Looks like the right rear toe link broke in the video - but I couldn't tell if that was before or because of the crash.
well he claims he wasnt familiar with the racetrack. who knows :S

·
Registered
905 Posts
another vid

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
If you look at the last video, you can see the right rear tire twisted back as if the toe link was broken. Hard to say though if that was before or after the crash.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Asians.

·
Registered
255 Posts
PIC is a new racetrack in Taiwan that was opened this year so probably some racers still haven't learned the track yet....

We used to have one, the old one in LongTan, which was really bad... A good size for gokarts but a bit small for race cars... not to mention the condition of the place was really run down too...

Anyways, this new racetrack is located near Kenting, which is a great vacation place for Taiwanese with white beaches, etc....

·
Registered
553 Posts
As an Asian, I've learned to mute idiots like you rotfl

But seriously... even the best drivers make mistakes or some things you simply cannot avoid (whether mechanical failure or surface, etc.) At least the damage didn't look TOO bad.

·
Back to the Future, again
6,183 Posts
When are you going to let everyone in on this? I'll leave it up to you.-poke-

In any event, I can't imagine wearing that outfit in Taiwan's 85% humidity... screw that.:panic:

Oh well, another Elige down the drain... driving the value on mine ever higher with increasing rarity.:up:

That's pretty cool, instead of towing, they just lift the car up on straps. Hilarious.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
lol oops. I almost forgot about this thread. I am Taiwanese.

ching chong ling long ting tong. Still think the driver is an idiot novice. Apparently it was during a practice lap and he had a passenger who got injured subsequently. Pushing on an unfamiliar track on presumably cold tires, with a passenger is stupidity. Don't care if he stood on some podium before and has a little silver cup.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
:p

·
Back to the Future, again
6,183 Posts
lol oops. I almost forgot about this thread. I am Taiwanese.

ching chong ling long ting tong. Still think the driver is an idiot novice. Apparently it was during a practice lap and he had a passenger who got injured subsequently. Pushing on an unfamiliar track on presumably cold tires, with a passenger is stupidity. Don't care if he stood on some podium before and has a little silver cup.
Yep. When are you going to post a video about it on YouTube?

The driver is an idiot. If you're not familiar with the track, study it, follow someone, slow down and learn it first, then drive.

·
Registered
974 Posts
PIC is a new racetrack in Taiwan that was opened this year... Anyways, this new racetrack is located near Kenting, which is a great vacation place for Taiwanese with white beaches, etc....
Bummer. I was in Kenting last year. The place is beautiful. When I'm in Taiwan I'm usually in Taipei so it was nice to cruise down south to the beach. Would have been a bonus if that track had already opened.

I hear there are quite a few young wealthy guys over there that tow their sports cars from the city to the countryside on weekends for some spirited driving on the country roads.

·
likes to drive fast
1,127 Posts
I was in TW recently and visited the lotus dealership there. The sales manager actually organizes track days from time to time. Due to additional regulations, the process of towing your own track car (truck + uhaul trailer) is less grassroots compared to what most folks do here.

So they just use a semi to transport a few cars at a time to PIC and the drivers take a hi speed rail from TPE to kaoshiung.

Regardless, with track days getting more popular in TW, they need to be more stringent on track safety. Crashing out with a passenger during the so called "practice session" just isn't cool.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts