The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please do not link to these videos anywhere. Someone linked to one of my Elise videos I had hosted and we were transferring 300gigs in a week. Ouch.

This forum can only be seen by registered members of EliseTalk.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Toyota Pick Up on Top Gear, 100megs

Audio is a little dodgy, but gets better after the early section.

PLEASE DO NOT SHARE THIS LINK!!!! If it is linked, I will have to remove it. And as always, right mouse button click, saveas.

·
Registered
985 Posts
these links aren't Mac friendly??

When I try to link to them I just get Quicktime Error messages saying they need an unavailable plug in??

·
Premium Member
686 Posts
I watched the Viper video, Holy Cow! I did not expect that:)

Roy

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
Re: these links aren't Mac friendly??

macfly said:
When I try to link to them I just get Quicktime Error messages saying they need an unavailable plug in??
You'll need Windows Media Player. Be sure to download the latest version of that, as it was recently updated. Not sure, but you might need DiVX installed as well. I have all that on my Mac and the video plays fine.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Please do not link or share this url

Top Gear review of the S2 Exige and performance vs an Apache helicopter. :)

"It corners like a house fly. It's not just better than an Elise, it's better than just about anything"

Low res version, 27 megs, ~12 minutes

Includes driving by The Stig showing how fast the car is against other cars, beating most of them, even in the damp track.

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
The Stig should release a compilation album. LOL Amazing vid of the Exige, especially the track time. Who's got the hi-res vid??!!

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
originally posted by Randy Chase
Video from UK Police following a Ferarri and an Elise.
I don't get it. These two guys couldn't spot this cop behind them? Even if it's unmarked I'm sure they can tell it's a cop. Like here in the US the unmarked cars are all crown vics or caprice classics, taxi cab cars, etc. American cars no one buys anymore or are discontinued. LOL

Yeah, the Ferrari wouldn't get a ticket cuz he's just following the Exige who's the instigator. Funny how he pulled over right away. rotfl

thanks again, Randy!

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
Wow. That viper vid is insane! I wouldn't say the guy needs skills, necessarily. Looks like a misjudgement that anyone could make.

·
purveyor of lightness
4,150 Posts
Re: Please do not link or share this url

Randy Chase said:
Includes driving by The Stig showing how fast the car is against other cars, beating most of them, even in the damp track.
OK, here's the Stig lap-time list that I've been able to pull off from both the new Exige and older 111S TopGear videos. Is there a complete list somewhere on the web? I've been looking, but to no avail...

UPDATED 6/7/2004 - 5:36pm CST
<table border=1><tr><td>Car</td><td>Time</td><td>Track</td></tr><tr><td>Carrera GT</td><td>0:01:19.8</td><td>dry</td></tr><tr><td>Mercedes-Benz SLR</td><td>0:01:20.9</td><td>dry</td></tr><tr><td>Ferrari 360 Challenge Stradale</td><td>0:01:22.3</td><td>dry</td></tr><tr><td>Porsche GT-3 RS</td><td>0:01:22.3</td><td>dry</td></tr><tr><td>XTR</td><td>0:01:23.0</td><td>dry</td></tr><tr><td>Lamborghini Murcielago</td><td>0:01:23.7</td><td>dry</td></tr><tr><td>Pagani Zonda</td><td>0:01:23.8</td><td>dry</td></tr><tr><td>Koenigsegg</td><td>0:01:23.9</td><td>dry</td></tr><tr><td>Nobel 3.0</td><td>0:01:25.0</td><td>dry</td></tr><tr><td>Lamborghini Gallardo</td><td>0:01:25.8</td><td>dry</td></tr><tr><td>Lotus Exige</td><td>0:01:26.9</td><td>wet</td></tr><tr><td>Porsche GT-3</td><td>0:01:27.2</td><td>wet</td></tr><tr><td>Audi S4</td><td>0:01:30.9</td><td>dry</td></tr><tr><td>Aston Martin DB7 GT</td><td>0:01:30.9</td><td>wet</td></tr><tr><td>Porsche 911 Turbo</td><td>0:01:31.0</td><td>wet</td></tr><tr><td>Vauxhall VX Turbo</td><td>0:01:31.3</td><td>dry</td></tr><tr><td>Honda NSX Type-R</td><td>0:01:31.6</td><td>wet</td></tr><tr><td>Nissan 350Z</td><td>0:01:31.8</td><td>dry</td></tr><tr><td>BMW M3</td><td>0:01:31.8</td><td>dry</td></tr><tr><td>Mazda RX-8</td><td>0:01:31.8</td><td>dry</td></tr><tr><td>Ford Focus RS</td><td>0:01:32.2</td><td>dry</td></tr><tr><td>Lotus Esprit V8</td><td>0:01:32.5</td><td>dry</td></tr><tr><td>Honda NSX</td><td>0:01:33.0</td><td>wet</td></tr><tr><td>Nobel 2.5</td><td>0:01:33.0</td><td>dry</td></tr><tr><td>Lotus Elise 111S</td><td>0:01:34.9</td><td>wet</td></tr><tr><td>Ferrari 575</td><td>0:01:35.0</td><td>wet</td></tr><tr><td>Aston Martin Vanquish</td><td>0:01:36.0</td><td>wet</td></tr></table>

Not bad company!

·
Registered
206 Posts
I've been looking for a comprehensive lap time list but to no avail so far. Shame they don't have it posted on their web site. Nice to keep in mind that for comparison purposes you can generally drop 4 seconds off a wet time. WOW.

So help me out, aside from the fastback and wing what is the difference between the Exige and a Sport Pack equipped Elise? Is the Exige suspension MORE race tuned than the LSS and if so can we add it to the Elise later on like we can the Sport suspension bits? How fast would our humble 111R derivitave go under the Stig's nimble control? Inquiring minds.

And thanks again to Randy for posting both halves of the video. The Elise starved masses owe you one.

Jim

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Re: Re: Please do not link or share this url

darkSol said:
OK, here's the Stig lap-time list that I've been able to pull off from both the new Exige and older 111S TopGear videos. Is there a complete list somewhere on the web? I've been looking, but to no avail...

<table border=1><tr><td>Nobel 3.0</td><td>0:01:25.0</td><td>dry</td></tr><tr><td>Lamborghini Gallardo</td><td>0:01:25.8</td><td>dry</td></tr><tr><td><b>Lotus Exige</b></td><td><b>0:01:26.9</b></td><td><b>wet</b></td></tr><tr><td>Porsche GT-3</td><td>0:01:27.2</td><td>wet</td></tr><tr><td>Audi S4</td><td>0:01:30.9</td><td>dry</td></tr><tr><td>Porsche 911 Turbo</td><td>0:01:31.0</td><td>wet</td></tr><tr><td>Vauxhall VX Turbo</td><td>0:01:31.3</td><td>dry</td></tr><tr><td>Honda NSX Type-R</td><td>0:01:31.6</td><td>wet</td></tr><tr><td>Honda NSX</td><td>0:01:33.0</td><td>wet</td></tr><tr><td>Nobel</td><td>0:01:33.0</td><td>dry</td></tr><tr><td><b>Lotus Elise 111S</b></td><td><b>0:01:34.9</b></td><td><b>wet</b></td></tr><tr><td>Ferrari 575</td><td>0:01:35.0</td><td>wet</td></tr><tr><td>Aston Martin Vanquish</td><td>0:01:36.0</td><td>wet</td></tr></table>

Not bad company!
Excellent time… And in the wet! Makes you wonder what it would have placed in the dry? I wonder if that was the 3R Noble? The M400 will be quicker still. Nice to see the Exige can hang with the big dogs:clap:

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
5,614 Posts
Keep in mind that the Elise we're getting with a hardtop and LSS is basically the same as an Exige, minus the aerodynamic differences. :) :) :clap: :) :clap:

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
From the 111S episode:

XTR 1:23
Zonda 1:23
Lambo:1:2?

those were the top 3

there was one more between the Lambo and the NSX

1 - 20 of 49 Posts