The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
It's really hard to say. My guess is somewhere around 100-150.

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
Just my guess, but my car was under 200 and I had it 3 weeks before the increase. At roughly 50 cars per week, and since LCU considered cars even nearing port as "invoiced"... I think it could be above 250 if not over 300.

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
Matt & Randy are both right! Cars in port prior to 9/1 were invoiced at the old MSRP. Matt's guesstimate of 100-150 is a good one for the west coast port. Randy's guesstimate of 300-350 is good for the east.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I guess that would be good since my dealer gave me a vin ending with 248. The only question I would have is how this low of a vin has not been delived yet since people are not starting to see vins in the 500 -600 range

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
Mine was just barely over 300 and I didnt get the increase. My car was scheduled to be in port on the first week of September.

Speedracergirl8's came into the dealer the day after mine, and had a VIN number that was about 50 lower and she got the increase.:confused:

I didnt have starshield put on and she did, so I'm starting to wonder if that had anything to do with it. On the day my car was delivered 3 other cars came in too. Mine and the one that had a serial number about 2 or 3 higher from mine ddint have the increase, but the other two that had serial numbers around 350 did.

I know some cars were delayed getting on the car carriers because of the hurricanes. However the dealer told me that Lotus had a build date for Speedracergirl8s car that was before mine, even though I was number #7 and she was #9, so I cant figure out how they do this. Unless they wait and send some cars on the ship and other ones wait, or since they have to take a few days to do the starshield at the port in the US maybe they put the sticker on after the increase:confused:

I think the build date on my car was August 3rd

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
The price-jacking didn't start at a specific VIN number, of course, just where the car happened to be in the supply chain.

In fact, there may STILL be cars out there stickered at the old MSRP if they were invoiced to the dealership before 9/1. That would be on one of those famous "Lotus Long Way" transport trucks.

So where are the cars 'stickered' anyway? It seems like once they print up the window stats, they would have to do it over again to change the MSRP shown. Is that easy to do?

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
I'm pretty sure that the stickers (they are officailly called Mulrooney Stickers or something like that) are put on at the port in the US after the car clears customs. I checked mine and it says the port where the car was delivered to, vin number, and dealer delivered to. It doenst have a date on it

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
xxxotic said:
I'm pretty sure that the stickers (they are officailly called Mulrooney Stickers or something like that) are put on at the port in the US after the car clears customs. I checked mine and it says the port where the car was delivered to, vin number, and dealer delivered to. It doenst have a date on it
The Maroni label is the window sticker that states the MSRP. Maroni was the US Senator that authored the bill that required auto makers to clearly state the MSRP.

For Lotus the window sticker is put on the cars at the prep centers (one east = Brunswick GA & one west = San Diego). Typical this is done about the same time the dealer is invoiced (ready to be transported to the dealer).

·
Registered
472 Posts
My VIN is 294 and was delivered to LOA in mid-October. Definitely has the invoice increase included.

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
JIm,
Glad to see you made it home, hope all went well on the return trip and you're happy with the ride.
Chris

1 - 11 of 11 Posts