The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a great local vinyl shop that did my wheels.

I'm thinking about having them wrap the roll bar rail (just the top part that lines up with the hard/soft top). Mine has gotten ding up from taking the soft top on and off. Thought about covering it with matte black vinyl. Just that part?

It will be cheap and totally reversible.

Whattya think?

Attachments

·
hate speed limits
714 Posts
I think it'll look good, but I'm more interested in your vinyl wrapped wheels--didn't know that was possible?

·
Registered
742 Posts
Cheap and totally reversible, sounds good to me :up:

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think it'll look good, but I'm more interested in your vinyl wrapped wheels--didn't know that was possible?
I wrapped the wheels on my jeep, not the Lotus.

Attachments

·
Registered
693 Posts
I like that look. I may do it myself. Looks really aggressive with the softtop on. Not so sure with it off...so still considering.

As far as vinyl wrap goes...the industry has come a long way. I say go for it and post pics.

·
Super Moderator
6,817 Posts
Jeff, do you mean the entire rollhoop cover, or just the inner surface of the cover and down the insides of the door opening? That would seem to look better to me and solve your problem of sloppy soft top bow installation marks (-poke- :D).

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Looks good Larry, thinking of doing same. Where you get it done and how much?Do you a photo with the roof on? I like the stealth look!
Cost was in the $300-400 range. Used a local shop that had replaced my clear film and was getting into vinyl wraps. They did it all the way to the bottom of the door jam. That along with all the cut outs for the soft top mount made for a fair amount of detail work.

The soft top isn’t on much and don’t have a photo with it handy. Being a canvas top and a slightly different shade, if you look closely there is a bit of a two-tone, to it. But not something you really notice, when taking it in as a whole.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Went with a custom Kirkey seat dropped as low as I can get it. Even pull out the seat padding for track days but with the added thickness of a helmet am light on clearance. At this point think extending the roll bar hoop (something I've seen someone else do) maybe the only other thing to help.

·
Vendor
3,701 Posts
That looks pretty sweet. I know a guy up here in Detroit that did his roof silverish to match his weeks. He did the roll bar as well as his hard top. Looks pretty good and a tasteful mod IMO.

You can kinda see it in this pick!

Post picks when your done!

·
Registered
341 Posts
I think the top-delete looks awesome on the elige..

On mine I had the boomerang looking piece and the roof painted matte black along with ALL the plastic pieces (grills, vents, slats etc including access panels)

It looks great with the matching hardtop on and with no top on, but with the soft top it just doesn't look quite right unless you could figure out a perfect match (and that would change over time as the soft top fades)

and even if you match the color its still different surface texture so not sure that would help too much.

Here are a few pics of mine for others too see what it would/could look like if interested. If I did it all over again I would still paint the plastic, but probably would have vinyled the top and body panels so it could be reversible

Sorry don't have any pics avail with top on or with soft top. if there is interest i'll take some and post up

Attachments

1 - 20 of 49 Posts