The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Im not so sure about the redlining thing.

but i would think these guys know what they're doing more than us.

My best guess would be the combination of wastedt time shifting gears, and amount of low end torque the viper has, is why they chose to shorten the gears that much.

He's got a good half second off his time. If you watch he misses a gear at about 1:10 mark.

BTW how in the hell is this viper so dayum fast.

I know our slow 4 bangers cant keep up on the Ring with this beast. But im always hearing about our Lotus' crashing Viper Track days and of the such. Track just makes that much of a difference. ?>?

·
Registered
663 Posts
I know our slow 4 bangers cant keep up on the Ring with this beast. But im always hearing about our Lotus' crashing Viper Track days and of the such. Track just makes that much of a difference. ?>?

It's all about the driver.... Especially at drivers schools where there is a HUGE variety in people's ability which is a LOT more important then the car they drive.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
He would have wasted more time upshifting and adding another downshift in.
I think he was going as fast as he wanted/needed to.

The ZR1 is a DD and it is close at 7:26. Maybe if they put a C6R against the ACR on the ring that would be interesting!

Sweet video!

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
i guess he didnt want to upshift..downshift..too much time wasted

he also missed a gear like 2-3 times.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Still don't think it sounds any good

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
i guess he didnt want to upshift..downshift..too much time wasted

he also missed a gear like 2-3 times.

Two reasons.

Upshifting just to downshift the next split second wastes time.

Also you must remember the car. When he upshifts it sits at lower RPMS right back to max torque which probably would have sent the viper into the wall.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts