The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who is going to VIR this weekend with MazdaDrivers?

Mazda Driving Associates, LLC Mazda Drivers www.MazdaDriverS.com high speed drivers education hpde track events

I will be instructing. I have LOTS of VIR track time in the Miata, this is my first event at VIR in the Lotus and I can't wait! (I went to Summit Point a few times last year)

The video of the Audi R8 crashing in the uphill esses has me a bit worried... but I have decided that I just won't crash there.

If you show up, I will be under the bright orange "Tide" tent... you can't miss it. Come by and say hi.

Dave

·
Registered
27 Posts
Who is going to VIR this weekend with MazdaDrivers?

Mazda Driving Associates, LLC Mazda Drivers www.MazdaDriverS.com high speed drivers education hpde track events

I will be instructing. I have LOTS of VIR track time in the Miata, this is my first event at VIR in the Lotus and I can't wait! (I went to Summit Point a few times last year)

The video of the Audi R8 crashing in the uphill esses has me a bit worried... but I have decided that I just won't crash there.

If you show up, I will be under the bright orange "Tide" tent... you can't miss it. Come by and say hi.

Dave
I'll be there... I'll be in a red Elise w/ black strips and a wing. I'll keep an eye out for you.

- Reg

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
Boo !!!!!! waaaa!!!!! :mad:

i so wish i could be there!

i know this may be hard for you... but slow down BEFORE the esses!! - as you know about me... there are a few areas where i just slow down and drive my car home :)

which course are you doi... wait... just don't even tell me, it will only make it worse! ~ get your oil changed?

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oil is fresh, K&N airfilter brand spankin new, superblue break fluid is brand new, A048 close to wear bars (but using them anyway since I don't want to buy tires yet).

I am so used to foot on the floor from what 4 - oaktree? Maybe a little left foot break at the top of the hill after the esses?

I will go slow and learn my car for at least the first session... but it will be hard for me!

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
do you lift before the esses? I was up there with the cobra club three weeks ago on the full course.... I lift a little bit but get back in it pretty hard.

I contemplated signing up for the grand but I got busy. Have lots of fun!

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
no, in the miata you enter full throttle at about 110. The uphill and turns scrub it to about 95. Left foot break at the top before the left down the hill.

I will let you know if I can brave that this weekend.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
992 Posts
so, how was this? anyone go off? ;-)

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It was freakin awesome. I have about 700 pictures! Of course they are all gimungus... and not all Lotus... or I would have posted them already. I will hunt for a few and post them tonight.

WOW was it fun though!

Was there an off? yes, not me though, it was one of the board's most favorite people. He spun leaving Hog Pen, but I will let him tell the story if he feels so inclined... if not, I might have 2 or 3 photos of him out in the field ;)

·
Registered
992 Posts
hmmm, one of the board's favorite people? i'm intrigued... ok, well, dust off the kitty litter and come forward. j/k. i've had my share; i'm not one to talk! :D (i think ace was down there though if i recall)

i take it the track was sweet that day.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts