The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Lotus Driving Academy
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Morning,

My name is Alan Goss. I just turned 20. I am an engineer in the Coast Guard, I joined when I was 17. I have been trying to save money for a Lotus Elise. I know a lot about the cars from doing extensive research online but I would really like to see the car up close in person. It would be awesome if I could meet someone and ask questions and visually inspect the car because I can't seem to find too many videos of the elise. I have such a passion for cars and I've owned three sport bikes. I enjoy handling and acceleration, but most importantly reliability. I believe the lotus meets all three of those requirements. I am currently in Yorktown Virginia but I'd be willing to drive a ways to meet anyone willing to share their experience and maybe let me check out their car. I just recently joined the site and haven't had time to check around for meets or anything. Thanks for reading, and I look forward to getting to check out someone's ride if possible!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
712 Posts
You should check out Cars and Coffee in Hampton Roads. I'm sure there's at least one out there.

·
Registered
712 Posts
You can also take a trip out to Richmond. Few guys from the forum live in that area as well.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Good Morning,

My name is Alan Goss. I just turned 20. I am an engineer in the Coast Guard, I joined when I was 17. I have been trying to save money for a Lotus Elise. I know a lot about the cars from doing extensive research online but I would really like to see the car up close in person. It would be awesome if I could meet someone and ask questions and visually inspect the car because I can't seem to find too many videos of the elise. I have such a passion for cars and I've owned three sport bikes. I enjoy handling and acceleration, but most importantly reliability. I believe the lotus meets all three of those requirements. I am currently in Yorktown Virginia but I'd be willing to drive a ways to meet anyone willing to share their experience and maybe let me check out their car. I just recently joined the site and haven't had time to check around for meets or anything. Thanks for reading, and I look forward to getting to check out someone's ride if possible!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Hey Alan, I'm in the Coast Guard also, but I'm stationed at HQ. If you ever make it up this way let me know!

·
Have you GYLO'd?
1,689 Posts
Large (and Large-ish) Lotus Events

Anyone in the area of VA-DC-MD interested in Lotus would do well to look into a couple of events to be held in the upcoming months -

GYLO (Get Your Lotus Out) - Fair Lakes, VA. Sunday, 05/25/14 (Memorial Day Weekend) You can drop by! We typically have 20 - 30 Lotus in attendance.

http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f113/northern-va-gylo-7-sunday-may-25th-204506/

LOG (Lotus Owners Gathering) This is the annual multi-day convention for the national club, Lotus, LTD. Held this year in Asheville, NC, September 19 - 22, 2014. (Note: This event requires registration.) Typically has well over 100 Lotus in attendance.

Lotus Car Club of the Carolinas

--Bob Collum

1 - 20 of 22 Posts