The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone from these areas out there that wants to start our own local get togethers? Seems like this area is the bastard step-child for clubs. We need to kick it up a notch.

Cade

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Welcome to the new subforum!

·
Registered
67 Posts
I know this thread has been dead for a while, but I thought I would jump in.

I am interested in getting involved with a club here in the Mid-Atlantic region. I currently live in Annapolis and would love to get together for some back roads driving or something along those lines. Should we wait for people to get their cars before getting together? Maybe our first gathering can be when someone gets the first Elise in the club. We can have a gathering and check it out. Mine won't be in until 3rd/4th quarter next year, so I will have to live vicariously through other, more organized, members. But I can take my S2000 on any driving adventures.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Odog-

Yeah I think it'd be nice to go on some drives when the weather warms up around march or april. I am very active on a Subaru board and when the weather is good we would go one drives about once a month.

Last Feb. i went on a drive in MD. that was about 4 hours long. One of my best drives yet I was talkin about it for weeks, MD has got some nice roads.

This past sept. a friend and I did alittle road rallye called the R5, which was 500 miles. It took us about 10 hours to finish the race and we came in 5th place. The race started and ended in Richmond but we went west into WVA to all over VA. We are very lucky here to have some nice twisty mountain roads in the area.

As far as the list goes I am number 20 so hopefully sometime around July or so I should be taking delivery if all goes well.

-jeremy

·
Registered
67 Posts
I went on a road trip with about 50 S2000s earlier this year near the PA/MD border. It was a blast. We drove in groups of 12 and all had radios. So much fun.

Can I take my '97 Legacy L Wagon to these Subaru events :D? It is a 5 speed, so it is a little sporty ... except for tires.

Like I said, we should have an event once one of us gets the Elise. Then we can all drool over it. Also, if you let us drive it, we can beat up your car so that we don't have to do the same to ours. Hehe.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I bet 50 S2ks was a nice ride, although I found that the best rides are about 15-20 cars becuase they can all keep up at a pretty good pace with out much traffic.

I'll be glad to let you guys come along for a ride or maybe you can drive it softly but no hard drives, I want to baby it but i dont want to seem like i blew 40k on a car that i drive like a grandma.

-jeremy

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
What do you guys think about Richmond. It's central between DC, the tidewater, and Raleigh.

Also it makes it easy for me. :D I'm more than willing to get things setup.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Odog said:
I went on a road trip with about 50 S2000s earlier this year near the PA/MD border. It was a blast. We drove in groups of 12 and all had radios. So much fun.
If you're talking about Fall Colors, it was over 150 s2000's!! I was there too. In fact, I was a group leader for the drive! :cool:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Highlander said:
If you're talking about Fall Colors, it was over 150 s2000's!! I was there too. In fact, I was a group leader for the drive! :cool:
It wasn't the Fall Colors event. I would've liked to go to that but I didn't have time. This was a smaller event, but still the largest car club event that I have gone to. I will make time for any Elise events, that is for sure.

·
Registered
114 Posts
NC here

I think I may be the only NC here and on puresportscar? I was quite active with the BMW groups, went to several Supra gatherings, favorite was at VIR. Another notable was Inner Harbour. Both seem to be represented here. When is everyone predicting their cars? What dealership? # on which list?

I'm on at Matheny Jacksonville Fl. moved up from #48 to 45. Optimisticly thinking 12/04-1/05??

I'm @ the coast near Wilmington NC. Myrtle Beach is very close too, but that would be the other group? I love going north for spring summer/south for fall/winter events? But I looooove VIR with the parkway so close. I hate your troopers though!

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
Evl said:
There is supposedly a DC chapter of Lotus Ltd. Haven't bothered call yet.
Yep. They meet once a month for Pizza and car talk over near Silver Spring, MD. One or twice a year they have get-to-gethers at one of the members houses. They are also up to meeting at other places if someone wants to coordinate it.

Join Lotus Ltd. if you have already.

Tim Mullen - who never has time to go to the monthly meetings...:(

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
TimMullen said:
Yep. They meet once a month for Pizza and car talk over near Silver Spring, MD. One or twice a year they have get-to-gethers at one of the members houses. They are also up to meeting at other places if someone wants to coordinate it.

Join Lotus Ltd. if you have already.

Tim Mullen - who never has time to go to the monthly meetings...:(
Well now that spring seems to be back, and Lotus has my order, might be time to join up. Thanks for the reminder. :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts