The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Happy To Be Here
2013 Lotus Evora IPS - Carbon Gray
825 Posts
Something's going on. This keeps popping up on the bottom of my browser. Internet Explorer 11 while looking at active topics. Comes up when I didn't click on anything.

Attachments

·
Arch. Project Manager
1,090 Posts

No Seriously! We had a virus a few months back attack our server that did something similar to adds in this forums banners and other sites as well. It was very random at first and then got worse as the days went by. We had to run a rescue scanner on all computers and the server separately to get rid of it. I run FF with Add Blocker Plus as well!

·
Arch. Project Manager
1,090 Posts
Try running Malwarebytes or ViperRescue Scanner or Clamwin or the likes to get rid of the ad bug.

·
Asst. Helmet Tester
1,229 Posts
Yeah, so it changed now. What even is a .js file?
Java script.

I haven't seen anything recently, but it has happened to me a time or two here before.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Honest question - how do you know it's a virus? Is it delivering some sort of malicious payload or activating some process? This site (and many others) is littered with externally linked javascript libraries to run marketing functions (usually user tracking).

·
Arch. Project Manager
1,090 Posts
Here is what ABP is detecting on this forum.:popcorn:

·
Saffron Yellow is Lighter
1,259 Posts
If you get a paid membership it will also prevent most viruses.

(No ads)

·
Administrator
1,419 Posts
Hello everyone,

We're currently trying to clean out the ads and block the infected ads from the system. A scan is also performed in 5 minute intervals but if you could please provide us with the a screenshot of the warning or the URL of the ad the next time you see it, that will be most helpful.

Thank you!

~Kay

·
Arch. Project Manager
1,090 Posts
Kay,

See post #12 for detected .js script ad. Though I'm not for certain whether this is the culprit or not.

Hello everyone,

We're currently trying to clean out the ads and block the infected ads from the system. A scan is also performed in 5 minute intervals but if you could please provide us with the a screenshot of the warning or the URL of the ad the next time you see it, that will be most helpful.

Thank you!

~Kay

·
Registered
551 Posts
Every time I visit this forum on a Kaspersky-protected computer, I get alerted that an attack by a trojan was found and blocked. This problem is ongoing.

·
not your dad's puns
1,753 Posts
Not saying this is definitive of course but this is what google has to say about it.

https://www.google.com/safebrowsing/diagnostic?site=www.lotustalk.com

How does a "a Kaspersky-protected computer" work? Subscription? It wouldn't be the 1st time that an AV company had aggressive, false-positive analytics, to scare users into spending more money, for "enhanced" protection.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts