The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I keep getting pop up messages like "your computer is infected by 3 viruses" from this website. Anyone else? It would be nice if the operators would fix the website. This started soon after the new website format changes were implemented.

·
Registered
60 Posts
It's likely your browser, not the site. You could try clearing cookies, history, and DNS. However, you'll probably have the best luck resetting if you're using Internet Explorer. Or uninstalling reinstalling if using Chrome or Firefox.

Is the pop-up a new tab that just opens on its own or is it a message from your anti-virus / Anti-Malware?

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's likely your browser, not the site. You could try clearing cookies, history, and DNS. However, you'll probably have the best luck resetting if you're using Internet Explorer. Or uninstalling reinstalling if using Chrome or Firefox.

Is the pop-up a new tab that just opens on its own or is it a message from your anti-virus / Anti-Malware?
A new window pops up with a button to click on to "handle" the virus problem.

I do private browsing using Safari with Little Snitch turned off - this eliminates cookies stored on may computer. According to the Apple support folks, just close the pop up window and continue - they seem to think the pop ups come from the website so notify the website. Do not know if an Apple or website issue.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the pop up window is attached
attacked?.jpeg

·
Registered
60 Posts
Okay, that's not a virus, it's malware. As long as you don't click, call, or otherwise give any info to those pop ups you'll be fine. If you did give any passwords, you'll want to change those yesterday. Otherwise, run a malware removal tool. Malwarebytes is a good one that's free.

·
Premium Member
446 Posts
No issues for me as well. Running smooth on my end.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts