Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
don't bother

·
Back to the Future, again
6,154 Posts
They sold our stuff under their name a long time ago. We manufactured carbon fiber parts and wholesaled direct to companies like VIS. We weren't the only ones who sold to them though so I know they would have some variation in quality control and fitment.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awesome, thanks for the info guys. Guess 40% off isn't worth it if I can't be certain I'm getting a quality part.

·
6,154 Posts
I'm not saying VIS doesn't have good stuff, but I can't vouch for other manufacturer's stuff, that's all.

We made good stuff, all 100% American hand-made with American raw materials sourced from domestic producers. Nothing imported from China or made from China materials. Those China items are the ones that fade after 6 months because they don't use the proper UV protectant on their finished carbon fiber product.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would be throwing an extra coat of UV gel over it, and most likely a clear coat. If fading is the only issue(not fitment or actual quality of the CF) just the UV type gel they use then it may be worth it for 40% off.

·
6,154 Posts
When we were competing with the China stuff, they were selling wholesale for 1/3 of our prices but the buyer had to buy in crates and had to throw out 1/4 or more of the inventory due to QC issues. Overall they still came out ahead in profit but they needed volume.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
VIS Racing products are crap in both fitment and finish. Even Honda and Nissan owners shy away from their products. I would not even consider anything VIS for my Lotus.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Even the retarded one gets lucky though rotfl

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Lol alright, alright. I guess ill shy away from it :p

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Back about 12 years ago I had a big aluminum wing from them, back when big aluminum wings were just starting to come around in the import world. I paid like $500 for the thing but it was very stout. It was just as solid as my APR wing I currently have on the Exige (a hair bit more solid due to mounting style).

Had it on there for maybe 2 years and the naked aluminum looked good the whole time.

VIS circa 2000 was not high end like say Veilside, but it certainly wasn't low end.

That being said, things have certainly changed in the world since then, so I can't comment on the current state of their products, but many moons ago I was satisfied with their products.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts