The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any input on a comparison between the Vision Function NA tunes?

I don't know whether the 5500 Switch would be better for me or the 5750.

The 5750 ECU says that its 8-10WHP gain while the 5500 says 8.

Also the 5750 seems newer but looks like it requires the cup air box which I do not have.

My car being stock -cardboard funnel may not see the improvements from the v2 tune.

Any input is appreciated.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I have seen a few comparisons between VF and FW tunes. Not sure if they're been posted in public but maybe ask around. The differences are pretty significant. Choosing the RPM for the switch is a small part of the puzzle. Getting the cam timing, fuel and ignition correct are more important than 250 rpm. If you're concerned about falling off the big cam just ask that the window be made larger.

-Michael

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well to update I ended up going with the newer version and am patiently waiting and watching my mailbox for the ECU to come back (hopefully today)

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
People who don't care about others' opinions of them don't post about not caring about others' opinions.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
And yes, for any of you eagle eyed viewers, you tell by the Navy guys uniform that is a older pic

Ive just gotten uglier, yet still have the same armor

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
looks like army acu's to me, but then again, im not a servicemember

·
6.94915254 lbs/hp
1,977 Posts
It's kinda like pretending to be in the military....SAD!
Wow... you are a complete prick! :huh:

The funny thing is you are single handedly hurting your friends tuning software more than anyone/anything else. Do you actually think you are helping him by insulting other Lotus owners and potential customers?... Put down your pom poms!

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Got the tracking number today and its at my local UPS depot
I sincerely hope I can install tonight and drive without it raining =\

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Great news ZeRoSL

Let us know how it goes.

I had a friend do the update of the stock software on my girlfriends car before I installed her SC and "accidentally" put on the sport factory tune and she really liked the lower cam cross over. Seems the second cam is already on instead of kicking in mid corner which made for more relaxed spirited driving

Fingers crossed for good weather for you

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Drove it and it's a lot smoother all across the power band and the cam switchover seems like a very good amount of extra time in the cam

1 - 20 of 24 Posts