The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Crazy Car Guy
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Vision Function Official Stage II (VF2)

Alright I'm back again from a gruelling few days on the dyno mapping our Stage II package. Overall we are impressed with the level of performance gain and the broad power range the Stage II offers. The idea behind the package was to make sure going from our Stage I package to our Stage II would be a worthwile upgrade, especially if you are making the switch from a BWR or Katana Upgrade kit.

Parts List:

3.0 Pulley
RC 550cc Injectors
Walbro 255 Lph Fuel Pump
Vision Function Intercooled Supercharger Kit

Dyno:

Price:

Stock -> VF Stage 1: $6300
Stock - > VF Stage 2: $6400

Katana/BWR -> VF Stage 1: $2900
Katana/BWR -> VF Stage 2: $3400

VF2 Available When:
Right Now! :crazyeyes

Thanks,

Jermaine~

·
Anthony
604 Posts
$2995.00? and we send the ECU to you? Do we need to do any adjustments to the Supercharger or do you? What's all in the kit...belt, etc. Thanks!

·
Crazy Car Guy
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
$2995.00? and we send the ECU to you? Do we need to do any adjustments to the Supercharger or do you? What's all in the kit...belt, etc. Thanks!
$3000, you will need to send your Supercharger for modification and your ecu. The kit includes Supercharger Castings, Belts, Intercooler, Pipes, Couplers, Intake Pipe and all hardware need to complete the conversion.

Thanks,

Jermaine~

·
Registered
740 Posts
Either I'm blind and/or stupid: but I can't find the price buying the stage II if you're NA.

Or is this stage II only a kit for people who already have a Katana/BWR SC on their Lotus?

·
Crazy Car Guy
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Either I'm blind and/or stupid: but I can't find the price buying the stage II if you're NA.

Or is this stage II only a kit for people who already have a Katana/BWR SC on their Lotus?
Neither....

I'll update the post, but if you were to buy our Stage 2 new you would be looking at $6400 since the only major difference at that point would be the fuel pump.

So Stock to Stage 2 - $6400

·
Registered
815 Posts
you will need to send your Supercharger for modification and your ecu. The kit includes Supercharger Castings
what?! the actual supercharger needs to be modified? :eek:
and what are these "supercharger castings"?? you mean manifold?

i'm confused.... :shrug:

Katana/BWR -> VF Stage 1: $2900
Katana/BWR -> VF Stage 2: $3000
Why is there only $100 difference? Doesn't the Stage 2 include both a fuel pump AND 550cc injectors, while the Stage 1 includes neither?

·
Registered
2008 Exige S240
3,072 Posts
How much heat soak induced power loss is expected at the track? (in %)
Say you IC is totally heat soaked, how much power should one still have?
Is that fuel pump loud, does it squeal, or is it quiet like stock? (brand and model please)

I know the S has a major heat soak problem.

I'm NA, so jumping from 170 to 290+ is going to be a :coolnana:

·
Crazy Car Guy
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
what?! the actual supercharger needs to be modified? :eek:
and what are these "supercharger castings"?? you mean manifold?

i'm confused.... :shrug:

Why is there only $100 difference? Doesn't the Stage 2 include both a fuel pump AND 550cc injectors, while the Stage 1 includes neither?
Hi,

Yes, the nose cone is the improper length as each kit uses a different one so we convert them to use the proper lengh designed for our kit. Yes, I generally refer to the pieces as Supercharger Castings, basically anything connected to your supercharger needed to convert to a VF Kit. Manifold would not be the way I would choose to describe them.

The price difference of a $100 dollars is the fuel pump, if you are buying a complete new kit. If you are buying the kit new you don't need the 440's we substitute them with the 550's needed and add the fuel pump. Pricing was wrong, it has been fixed to clear any confusion.

Hope that clears it up for you.

Thanks,

Jermaine~

·
Crazy Car Guy
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Is that fuel pump loud, does it squeal, or is it quiet like stock? (brand and model please)

Our Intercooler positioning allows for great air flow and it does not sit above the hot engine, like where the intercooler is located on the Exige S. Even on the Exige you will need a large air scoop and ducting to just to reduce the radiant engine heat. If you had the Thermal load from forced induction it is fighting an uphill battle.

Here is a datalog of our Pre and Post IC Data:
Your charge temps non intercooled would be the much higher ones all the time. The lower temps are post intercooler, as you can see much cooler which means denser air and generally equates to more power.

The fuel pump is not loud at all. We use the Walbro 255 lph.

Thanks,

Jermaine~

·
Registered
740 Posts
What would approx installation costs be to get the Walbro fuel pump installed?

·
Registered
424 Posts

Let me jump in as I've run turbos and superchargers in various race configurations

1. Percent % or HSPL is dependent on several factors, efficiency the main one, and the ambient temperature that the unit went into heat soak. Let's say, it's 90 degrees after the air passes through the IC, you still have to deal with the temps that the intake sees, which could be ?? 60-70 degrees or more higher... Even more with the hood down ... or less...if you throw bags of ice on the intake and related parts. Or relieve yourself on the intake if you got scared of the newfound power, Scotty. Just kidding, can't believe I said that. If you bring the car into the pits after hard running and the FI unit runs at 70% E at that temperature, you could heat soak the unit 100% according to x factor, depending on the amount of time you let it sit without any attention.

When going back out on the track it may take a ? laps to cool things down near the units E factor. If you get there, it will depend on how you drive to bring it back to it's E. If the FI unit runs at 60% efficiency at the track when you go back out, you'd have lost 10% E during that period. If the engine is pumping 300 brake hp, you could have lost 30hp at the flywheel, but your torque usually loses less percentage wise, and you may not even notice a power loss until long straight pulls.

So to answer your questions (besides having too many variables) it's TOO VAGUE for any real "sink your teeth into" type of answer. That's why I always take my teeth out at the track. As far as the pump, YES...usually just a tad...it will make a slightly higher buzz or hum sound. That goes for any pump that goes up in pressure and remains the same size. The model that is being discussed is the Walbro 255. They also make or at least made a Walbro HD 255 that really pumps more pressure and is buzzier yet. What I do is get the rubber shaft :no: that fits over the pump itself. It helps to mute the buzzing. They're around 5.00

If I were to give any advice, I'd say, "Just go out and run the damn thing, it'll have more power than you can probably control anyway."

Do you like snap oversteer when coming out of turns? The Porsches will be envious. :nanner2:

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
does the ecu flash cut the rpm at 8300? is there a dyno of the stage 2 going to 8500?

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Very impressive, finally getting some decent torque out of the 2ZZ-GE! 190wLbFt is a whisker away from that magical 10 pounds per 1wLbFt ratio.

One question: do you have a boost plot with this kit, or what is peak boost?

Cheers,
Ryan

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
I asked this in the aftermarket forum, but did not recieve an answer.

Does the VF kit include an airfilter and tubing with MAF mount? I would imagine it does since there is no way to use a stock airfilter with the kit, but it was never explicetly mentioned.

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
I asked this in the aftermarket forum, but did not recieve an answer.

Does the VF kit include an airfilter and tubing with MAF mount? I would imagine it does since there is no way to use a stock airfilter with the kit, but it was never explicetly mentioned.
yes.. dont know why you want to know though.. :)

1 - 20 of 115 Posts