The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 224 Posts

·
Crazy Car Guy
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Vision Function RS-R Exhaust
Product:
Vision Function would like to introduce our Lotus Elise/Exige RS-R Exhaust. We designed this exhaust to have all of the benefits of a high flow exhaust system while keeping the noise levels as low as possible. The 2.5 inch inlet and a 3 inch outlet promote high exhaust gas energy making it ideal for Supercharged and Naturally Aspirated vehicles. Made from T304 stainless, TIG Welded to perfection and polished to a show quality finish. This is true form and function! The factory rear panel is required to be removed from the rear of the vehicle, in the place of that we offer our aesthetically pleasing license plate and diffuser mount. Which can be powder coated black for a additional fee. The combination of both the exhaust and rear diffuser removed will decrease the engine temps which can aide in horsepower potential.

Specs:
Weight - 19.2 lbs - Save 6.8 lbs over stock (Use RPD save an additional 3.4lbs)
Outer Diameter - 8 inches
Inside Diameter - 2.5 inches
Outlet Diameter - 3 inches

SAE Noise Standard Test- On a SC car with Header/Catless Car
Noise Level @ Idle- 73db
Noise Level @ 4000- 92db
Noise Level @ 6200- 101db

Image 1 , Image 2

Video:

MSRP Price: $699
Sale Price: $599 including Rear Panel Delete (w/Raw Finish)Powder Coating Available Upon Request

Contact Info:
[email protected]
240-243-0193

·
Registered
138 Posts
Do you have a sound clip compared to the stock exhaust? I know they are not great on the internet, but I would like to hear how it compares.

·
Registered
2008 Exige S240
3,045 Posts
Nice offering!
The trend I've seen over the years of ownership is to start out loud and obnoxious and gradually revert to a more stock noise level.

Like Arqray>Larini SE>Larini 8"......

·
Crazy Car Guy
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do you have a sound clip compared to the stock exhaust? I know they are not great on the internet, but I would like to hear how it compares.
Actually I don't. I haven't seen a car with a stock exhaust in a while. I'll see if we can find our muffler to throw on the car for you.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Just a sound clip would be nice. I was just wondering if it was a high pitch exhaust, or more of a throaty sound. I have only had a stock exhaust and a stage 2. I loved the pops and burbles of stage 2, but the drone was annoying. So, I just wanted to hear what this one sounded like.

·
Crazy Car Guy
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just a sound clip would be nice. I was just wondering if it was a high pitch exhaust, or more of a throaty sound. I have only had a stock exhaust and a stage 2. I loved the pops and burbles of stage 2, but the drone was annoying. So, I just wanted to hear what this one sounded like.
Here is a quick video:

·
Registered
112 Posts
Vision Function RS-R Exhaust beside Larini photos

The craftsmanship of the RS-R Exhaust looks good beside my old Larini SE.
Looks like a big flow improvement and speed trials are planned this Sunday.

Question:
How much do you think the Larini Sports Exhaust System - SE Style is worth?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
That is one big ass can. Nice comparison pics.

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
well you need that big-ass can if you run a decat and you drive daily.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
well you need that big-ass can if you run a decat and you drive daily.

Agreed. I do run a decat and I weekly drive. Not bashing the can, just complimenting. I like big cans. That's why I married a plastic surgeon.

1 - 20 of 224 Posts