·
Registered
79 Posts
Bad Ass Exhaust! I love mine!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
how do those DB levels compare to stage 2 or other exausts for reference? I am looking for something significantly quieter than my curent s2 set up.

599$ including rear panel delete seems like a great price for what apears to be a quality product.

·
Crazy Car Guy
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
how do those DB levels compare to stage 2 or other exausts for reference? I am looking for something significantly quieter than my curent s2 set up.

599$ including rear panel delete seems like a great price for what apears to be a quality product.
I have heard a total of 1 Stage 2 exhaust since we have been in this market.
So I can't give you a fair comparison.

Special Offer for you:
What I will offer to you is a one time special, if it is too loud. I will take it back. Simple as that!

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Well that is good service! I don't mind taking the plunge, but I know there is no chance I would send it back if it is too loud! I have never returned anything in my life. Anyways is there anyway to frame the overall sound level of this guy? Is it intended to be on the quieter side of mufflers perhaps compare it to the Larani sound levels? If I can be resonable assured it will be significantly quieter than my current setup I will order imediately.

Overall it apears to be a very nice product at a very attractive price. Well done.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Awesome exhaust, one more question.

Current owners or Jermaine, does this exhaust pop and gurgle when off throttle? I am kinda looking for the sound, it sounds like it would in the video. I hope it is quieter than stage 2 during cruising. I had a stage 2 before, it has too much drone. But the pop and gurgle were a lot of fun.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I can only compare it to stock, as I've never heard the other exhaust setups in person. I would guess that the sound levels are comparable to stock at idle and perhaps a whisp louder at 3k rpm cruising. WOT is hard for me to tell, actually, as i got the VF2 supercharger installed at the same time, and that thing HOWLS!

I am VERY satisfied with it. You won't be disappointed.

·
Crazy Car Guy
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Current owners or Jermaine, does this exhaust pop and gurgle when off throttle? I am kinda looking for the sound, it sounds like it would in the video. I hope it is quieter than stage 2 during cruising. I had a stage 2 before, it has too much drone. But the pop and gurgle were a lot of fun.
Honestly, if you still have the cat on the car. The exhaust should be even quieter than the video. Even completely catless the exhaust does not drone at hwy speeds.

Well that is good service! I don't mind taking the plunge, but I know there is no chance I would send it back if it is too loud! I have never returned anything in my life. Anyways is there anyway to frame the overall sound level of this guy? Is it intended to be on the quieter side of mufflers perhaps compare it to the Larani sound levels? If I can be resonable assured it will be significantly quieter than my current setup I will order imediately.

Overall it apears to be a very nice product at a very attractive price. Well done.
Due to the 8 inch canister this should be one of the quietest exhaust systems on the market. The 8 inch 2bular is probably a close comparison.

:shift:

·
Registered
284 Posts
Received Last Night, and Installed too!

The built quality is really awesome, and the whole installation process is very straight forward, I already had experience installing Stage 2 before, so this is nothing new. Removing the rear panel is much easier task than I originally anticipated.

I have not taken any photo yet, I will do that once the sun is out.

Here is what I have done in addition to the exhaust.

1. Painted the diffuser.
2. Filled the diffuser opening with a plate, and rivet it in place.
3. Paint the panel eliminator black.
4. Took out the entire heatsheild, and I cut just the front part up the the bend. It was a lot easier to cut with the heatshield taken out.
5. I reinstalled the heatshield back, and it is very hard to see with the exhaust in place, and since both are "shiny" it actually look pretty nice.
6. I also left the U-bend heatshield in place for extra protection. It does not look too bad, so I probably will not do with heat wrap.

I am surprised that I went through 2 can of spray paint on the diffuser and the panel eliminator, I painted the front the back on both the diffuser and eliminator. I want to make sure that the reflection of the eliminator shows "black X" on the back as well.

I will take it out later when I go to work, excited to see how it sounds.

·
Crazy Car Guy
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
The built quality is really awesome, and the whole installation process is very straight forward, I already had experience installing Stage 2 before, so this is nothing new. Removing the rear panel is much easier task than I originally anticipated.

I have not taken any photo yet, I will do that once the sun is out.

Here is what I have done in addition to the exhaust.

1. Painted the diffuser.
2. Filled the diffuser opening with a plate, and rivet it in place.
3. Paint the panel eliminator black.
4. Took out the entire heatsheild, and I cut just the front part up the the bend. It was a lot easier to cut with the heatshield taken out.
5. I reinstalled the heatshield back, and it is very hard to see with the exhaust in place, and since both are "shiny" it actually look pretty nice.
6. I also left the U-bend heatshield in place for extra protection. It does not look too bad, so I probably will not do with heat wrap.

I am surprised that I went through 2 can of spray paint on the diffuser and the panel eliminator, I painted the front the back on both the diffuser and eliminator. I want to make sure that the reflection of the eliminator shows "black X" on the back as well.

I will take it out later when I go to work, excited to see how it sounds.
Pimp, can't wait to see pics on your car. :shift:

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Just put this on yesterday and replaced my stage 2, just want to say "thanks" I'm in love with this, it makes the car so much more enjoyable, I was actually able to hear my supercharger for the first time today:D and the fit and finish were perfect, thanks again guys!

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
?, when you say it is straight thru does that mean it still has packaging?

·
Registered
261 Posts
I am interested in the is exhaust and might be purchasing it in the very near future. I have a question though, The description says powder coating is avalible upon request, does this mean free of charge the get the eliminator black? :panic:

·
Crazy Car Guy
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
I am interested in the is exhaust and might be purchasing it in the very near future. I have a question though, The description says powder coating is avalible upon request, does this mean free of charge the get the eliminator black? :panic:
The coating is not free unfortunately, our local powder coater charges us about $45 per unit which I would pass the cost on to you.

21 - 40 of 224 Posts