The Lotus Cars Community banner

41 - 60 of 224 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Hey Elige, what's the sound like of the VF exhaust? Is it dayly livable?

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Hey Elige, what's the sound like of the VF exhaust? Is it dayly livable?
It is perfect for daily use, that's actually one of the main reasons why I chose it, I think there is a sound clip in one of the VF threads. The sound is perfect to me, not ricey at all, nice deep tone, and ZERO drone. It's just loud enough. Go for it, you won't be disappointed.:up:

·
Registered
831 Posts
Thanks Elige,

BTW, did you coat your u-pipe or just leave some heat shield above the bend in place? Your setup looks so clean, I'd love to duplicate it :)

·
Relapsing Honda fan
1,259 Posts
Here's a shot of mine. Just so everyone knows, the BOE clamhinge rear delete and vision function exhaust don't play nice together. I had to do quite a bit of reengineering to get it all to work.
Oh, and the Sector 111 bb hook (above diffuser) I added later needed modified as well to work around the exhausts support rods. Ended up being a total pain but was worth it all in the end.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Thanks Elige,

BTW, did you coat your u-pipe or just leave some heat shield above the bend in place? Your setup looks so clean, I'd love to duplicate it :)
I ditched the heat shield all together (it's so damn ugly) and coated the u pipe, and then i got some thermal barrier stuff and put it on the inside of the rear clam in that area close to the u bend, it has worked out perfect so far, and the clam is barely warm to the touch even after a long ride.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Ah, I have the Aussie tilt clam that keeps the rear panel, so I figured I would have to do some mods to keep the rear panel with this exhaust. (personal opinion, I do not like the look of the panel delete) And after going through all that trouble, it would stink to have the exhaust tip hit the clam.

Glad to know it clears, thanks

·
Registered
831 Posts
Ordered one myself. Haven't gotten it yet, but must say that Jermaine is prompt in getting back to PM's and the company seems like it has its act together. Unfortunately that has not been my experience with some other vendors here.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Here's a shot of mine. Just so everyone knows, the BOE clamhinge rear delete and vision function exhaust don't play nice together. I had to do quite a bit of reengineering to get it all to work.
Oh, and the Sector 111 bb hook (above diffuser) I added later needed modified as well to work around the exhausts support rods. Ended up being a total pain but was worth it all in the end.

Yellow99s,
how close did it come to the body when tilting?
can you run the motor while tilted or does the exhaust blow onto the clam?

that's the two issues I have with the above the difuser exit that I made, if I run the motor while tilted I prop the calm with a broom upside down behind the left rear wheel to keep hot exhaust from blowing on the clam

anyone running this with decat?
any flames out the back?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I installed mine a little over a week ago. I swap out a stage 3 that came with my car. The RS-R has great tone throughtout the rpms and is great at anyspeed with no drone.

The stage 3 was ok at some rpms but really did not always sound good and got a little raspy at points.

The RS-R finish, apperence and sound it amazing and I couldn't be happier.

41 - 60 of 224 Posts