The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Crazy Car Guy
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Vision Function Supercharger Intercooler Conversion Kit

The Path:

This project was helped by two of your Lotus Talk mates Matt in Houston & Andy. They were kind of enough to offer their kits to build a conversion kit for anyone with a BWR and or Katana Supercharger Kit. Andy was happy to send his car to Maryland from New York to make it all possible. Andy originally purchased a BWR Kit but later decided he wanted to switch and go with our Stage 1 Package. After some negotiations and almost perfect timing Andy was able to deliver his car to our facility. As you know Matt, a very aggressive guy made the switch from his Katana kit and last year and offered to send his parts to use to help out in the process.

Thank You Guys!

The Kit:

We have finally nailed the process and are proud to be able to offer a Vision Function Supercharger Intercooler Conversion Kit for the BlackWatch Racing Supercharger Kit and Sector111 Katana Kits. The conversion re-uses two major pieces from a BWR or Katana Kit; the supercharger and injectors. All other pieces are replaced with parts from the Vision Function Intercooled Supercharger Kit. What this means is that you will be able to go to any of our Staged Kit's onces this is done.

Dyno Stock vs VF Intercooler Conversion Kit - 60 ft. lbs. & 100 whp Over Stock

The dyno plot above is the actual power after installing our kit onto Andy's car and tuning.

What does this mean?

This means you now have the ability to upgrade your non intercooled kit to utilize our Air to Air Intercooler, 3.2 inch Pulley, Custom Intake Manifold and our Reflashed ECU Map supplied by CharlieX/Gotham ECU. We are talking about stout upgrade over your current BWR or Katana Kit. This is only the Stage 1. Let the fun Begin!

Price: $2900:clap:

[email protected]

·
Vendor
6,310 Posts
Very Cool Jermaine. Sounds like a nice deal- So you figure that's about 250whp on a dyno jet or so? Any chance you guys will be doing a pull on a DJ?

Congrats,

Phil

·
Registered
740 Posts
Wow nice!
So how about bolting a TVS to a VF Intercooler?
Buy a Katana/BWR kit, then buy the VF upgrade to IC-kit, then buy Phil's MP62-->TVS upgrade kit and buy a big hammer which you can use if it doesn't fit too well :D

·
Vendor
6,310 Posts
It'd be fairly pointless, you can already go over the stock engine limits with the mp62.

Take yours to a dynapack Phil, its a better dyno! ;)
Touche', Charlie;).... Problem is there aren't any around that I know of... I'll be on a mustang all day Monday, and then will go back to my normal DJ for giggles. You know the deal, DJs are the "gold standard" for comparing one setup to another even if they aren't the best for tuning the entire map. I'm not saying I like it that way- that's just the way it is:D

Cheers,

Phil

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
NICE!!!! I wanted a CX tune anyhow, might as well get some other small parts along with it :)

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Sweet! :clap:

If we use DJ usual power level for a stock Elise it's around 160-165rwhp.
Dynapack gives 176rwhp so 10-15 over DJ.

My guess, on a DJ this car would make around 260-265rwhp. Which is actually very very good. It is still on the "safe" side and provides a nice upgrade over the 225rwhp of the Katana.

I hope I make my bonuses this year!!! :panic:

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Thinking about it, is the kit available for 06+ Elise?

I hope this is not a 05 only thing....

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Looks very factory. I am going to skip lunch every tuesday to save for this... given how much I eat and how much I seem to spend on food I will be ready by spring ;)

·
Registered
566 Posts
:clap:

1 - 20 of 90 Posts