The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Elise has a damaged (Vision Function Stage 2 Supercharger) pulley - my mechanic has been asking around, and people want to sell the entire kits, or don't have the part.

Paying $11k for another supercharger isn't a viable option. Any suggestions/thoughts?

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
7,594 Posts
I would think you can get a pulley from another source as I don't believe the Vision Function superchargers are unique to Vision Function. I can't say I'm very familiar with the Vision Function products, but someone who does I'm sure will chime in. Do you at least know what supercharger you have (MP62 etc.)?

San

·
not your dad's puns
1,760 Posts
(Also, everything I post seems to go to "moderation," then gets lost in a black hole - any thoughts on that?)
Once you post enough, the system will stop holding them up. Sorry I know it's a hassle but it's a necessary precaution against spam storms.

·
not your dad's puns
1,760 Posts
My Elise has a damaged (Vision Function Stage 2 Supercharger) pulley - my mechanic has been asking around, and people want to sell the entire kits, or don't have the part.

Paying $11k for another supercharger isn't a viable option. Any suggestions/thoughts?
Also, just a thought - take the pully to the nearest highschool/technical school/university machine shop, with a Benjamin ($) or two in hand. Find somebody near a lathe station, and ask them how much they want to duplicate it.

Heck, if you were local I would do it for free.

·
7,594 Posts
Also, just a thought - take the pully to the nearest highschool/technical school/university machine shop, with a Benjamin ($) or two in hand. Find somebody near a lathe station, and ask them how much they want to duplicate it.

That's an idea.

San

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Thanks - I actually tracked down the original creator of the supercharger by following the trail of ownership on the original site, and he agreed to get me the part! In fact, I was able to get the entire nose assembly for the supercharger. I had so many people tracking that down, that I really think this wasn't going to happen.

I would have dropped some Benjamins for sure to make sure this SC didn't get scrapped (well, I guess I did anyhow).

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would think you can get a pulley from another source as I don't believe the Vision Function superchargers are unique to Vision Function. I can't say I'm very familiar with the Vision Function products, but someone who does I'm sure will chime in. Do you at least know what supercharger you have (MP62 etc.)?

San
It was an MP62, but I guess the pulleys were unique. Luckily I was able to track the creator down.

·
7,594 Posts
It was an MP62, but I guess the pulleys were unique. Luckily I was able to track the creator down.
I have to wonder if it was unique or just a certain diameter, especially since on their site they say Katana/BWR SC. @fzust

San

1 - 8 of 8 Posts