The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Crazy Car Guy
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

We have been working on this kit for awhile. Just wanted to play with some e85 and see what our street kit would make with a fuel change and some tuning. Keep in mind this is a 100% Toyota 2zz with our TVS Kit.

Off to go road tuning :clap:!

[email protected]

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Vids!!! NOW!! What mods did you guys have to make to run E85? are you still running a flash, or did you have to go to a stand alone?

·
Registered
152 Posts
What fuel pump are you running?

·
Registered
871 Posts
Does your kit allow the TVS to bolt to the OE Lotus Exige S inlet manifold, I/C, pipes etc?
Dont see this option on your web site...only the full VF kit with the MP62...can you give us full details, pics, costs etc?

·
Crazy Car Guy
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Does your kit allow the TVS to bolt to the OE Lotus Exige S inlet manifold, I/C, pipes etc?
Dont see this option on your web site...only the full VF kit with the MP62...can you give us full details, pics, costs etc?
Yes it allows you to use the Exige S Inlet manifold and intercooler. We will have to offer Al pipes due to a small length different. The kit isn't completely done yet figure it will be int he $4000 + range depending the power goals.

·
Crazy Car Guy
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If I want to run e85 what mods should I get? I'm running the vf2.
Not much is needed really. But it also depends on the frequency you are planning to run e85. The best thing to do would be to switch the fuel system to e85 compatible components and custom tune for your vehicle. Although if you only plan to run e85 once in a while you might be able to get away with less.

I personally am running Walbro 255 LPH Pump which has proven to work well with e85 even though it lacks the viton seals to withstand the fuel. But as a kit I would recommend the Walbro 400 pump which is e85 compatiable. 1000cc min injectors that are e85 compatible and even fuel lines that are e85 compatible. The particular ones I am using will require a fuel rail kit to install due to the clearance but they offer very nice idle quality, while being such a large injector.

·
Registered
240 Posts
as for tuning will you work on a reflash for us (vf2) that want to run e85? i have a few pumps around home so i could run e85 daily.

·
Crazy Car Guy
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I will have an off the shelf flash. But I always recommend a custom tune whenever possible. Especially in really hot places like Houston.

·
Registered
240 Posts
True. But reflash will be some how safe? Also e85 I could run a 2.5-2.7 pulley right?

·
Crazy Car Guy
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
True. But reflash will be some how safe? Also e85 I could run a 2.5-2.7 pulley right?
The MP62 running a 2.5 to 2.7 Pulley is nearly useless. Which is why no one offers kits that use pulleys that small. My recommendation would be to switch to a TVS charger. MP62 is not meant to be run that hard period.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
+1

I will have an off the shelf flash. But I always recommend a custom tune whenever possible. Especially in really hot places like Houston.
mine is running great!!!! due to a custom tune by Jermaine!:D highly recommend it!

·
Registered
240 Posts
The MP62 running a 2.5 to 2.7 Pulley is nearly useless. Which is why no one offers kits that use pulleys that small. My recommendation would be to switch to a TVS charger. MP62 is not meant to be run that hard period.
I see. But doing the e85 will it increase some hp?

·
Registered
825 Posts
Yes it allows you to use the Exige S Inlet manifold and intercooler. We will have to offer Al pipes due to a small length different. The kit isn't completely done yet figure it will be int he $4000 + range depending the power goals.
Could you also offer NPT fittings welded or tapped into the post intercooler pipe to monitor boost? It would be a lot easier than drilling into the manifold. Also I don't think you mentioned how much boost you're running at the moment?

·
Registered
571 Posts
E85 still impresses me, with due temptation. Just how much of the fuel system, and lines, did you change to be compatible? Or would you have to? Are there any tank parts that are corrosive?

I'm echoing thoughts of the Walbro 400 E85 pump (in surge tank design, with Teflon hoses there)... do you think Siemens Deka 630cc's would be enough injector for the 300hp range?

I see. But doing the e85 will it increase some hp?
3in is getting to the limit of the 62. 2.9in is about the very lowest you'd go, and I believe they make a 2.8in as the very smallest but I've yet to see anyone use it. You're just cooking the charge air by that point, and maxxing the blower. It'd run way out of puff and be doubtful to make any more power, if at least for an extended period of time. You'd need a bigger more capable charger.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts