The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was in Duluth, Ga today and decided to stop by Lotus USA Headquarters. I wasn't in my Elise but figured it would be cool to check it out, kick some tires, and maybe get some bangers and mash for lunch (didn't happen). Anyway, I met with Brian Shepherd who spent about 20 minutes with me. He took me into the warehouse section where I got to look at some Euro spec cars and a few media test cars and such. Apparently, Lotus is building a "special" racing Elise that won't be street legal but he couldn't really go into detail. Anyway, they had some stage I and II exhausts stacked up for dealers and basically about 10 cars lined up. They were nice folks all around and it was cool to see the place. You will notice one pic of an SY car in the front showroom with driving lights. Brian told me they will be selling the conversion (different grill + Lights) in the near future. I for one want this. The lighting is ok on the car and these look damn sweet! Anyway, enjoy the eye candy.

·
shay2nak
25,130 Posts
love pic #3. any plans to bring in an Exige just for show?

thanks!

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
>>> So cars that are pre-wired for the lights still need a conversion?<<<

Well if your sample doesn't, it's an easy conversion, except perhaps for access. The wiring diagram in the service manual shows that they wire into the power line going to the high beams.

From what I have heard, early cars are not prewired but later ones are or will be.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Did you happen to talk at all about deliveries, and what information might be available there at LCU central?

I'd buy a plane ticket, fly from San Diego to LCU in Georgia and meet with anyone they like if they could tell me where my car is and when I can expect to receive it. I'd pay them cash for the honor and privilage of finding out the truth about my car. I'd buy everyone bangers and mash! IPA? Single malt? Concert tickets? Anything man, anything..

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Did you happen to talk at all about deliveries, and what information might be available there at LCU central?
Sorry, this never came up. Your going to hate me for saying this but I have my car and it didn't cross my mind to ask about it.

So cars that are pre-wired for the lights still need a conversion?
By conversion, I meant the different grill. I don't know about the wiring but if mine doesn't have it I'm going to tap into the parking light power/ground anyway.

any plans to bring in an Exige just for show?
I meant to ask them this but we got talking about other things. I was in a bit of a hurry as I wanted to get out of the city before the commuters started piling up.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Ground Loop said:
I'd buy a plane ticket, fly from San Diego to LCU in Georgia and meet with anyone they like if they could tell me where my car is and when I can expect to receive it. I'd pay them cash for the honor and privilage of finding out the truth about my car. I'd buy everyone bangers and mash! IPA? Single malt? Concert tickets? Anything man, anything..
Your car will be here March 23, 2005 at 11:20am. You will get the call to come pick it up at 6:30pm the same day.

That'll be $395.75 (cash), 1 banger and mash, and two tickets to Beastie Boys. Thanks!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts