The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello...

I'm going to be in the Ridgecrest, CA area for 4 weeks and was wondering if anyone might have suggestions/ideas of "Must See" places/locations and events around that area. I'm thinking a good 3 hr (one way) drive wouldn't be that bad. Will consider farther if the place/event warrants it. Never been to San Fran, but I'm thinking that's a bit too far. I've been eyeballing Death Valley for instance. North East from there looks like there should be some good drives..? So.. Got any suggestions?

thanks!

·
Registered
98 Posts
China Lake? Poor bastard.

- You could go up to Big Pine and get a day pass to hike on Mt Whitney. You start the trail out at just under 10,000'. If you don't want to get the pass, you can still drive up, there's a small park with good eats and you can hike 3 or 4 miles of the trail without the pass.
- Down to Rosamond and Willow Springs.
- Pretty sure it's Ridgecrest that has the gun shop with OVER 450 GUNS!!! (saw that many times on the 395 as I went up to Big Pine).

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Death Valley in summer- be ready for major heat, it is a neat place to visit. Close by is also Kings Canyon and Sequoia National parks- big trees and caves are some of the attractions. For back roads, 58 and 198 are a blast and will take you to the coast, Santa Barbara is a good place to check out.

If a racetrack is of interest – Buttonwillow isn’t far away. Then of course you have all the stuff in the LA area to consider.

Further away you have the Pacific Coast Highway (1) the stretch to the Monterey area is the heart of the drive and if you made it that far, you also have Laguna Seca racetrack.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts