The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that I have got the attention of the Elise visor haters, I do want to point out that I don't want this for my future Elise, but...

One of my pet peeves in a normal car (not Elise) is the sun visor. I do use it, and I expect it to block the sun. Unfortunately the sun often comes in at angles to the side of the visor (like between the visor and the rear view mirror or the other side), or when the visor is rotated to the side window, it isn't long enough. My wife's car has a nice plastic extender that you can pull out when needed to make it longer. I have been looking for a clipon extender that I could slide to either side.

Well, I finally got enough brains to search the web, and found one (and only one) item that will do it. And it is cheap! It even comes with a flip down sun shade (which I didn't actually want - maybe I can take that part off). If you are interested, here is the link.

http://www.wdrake.com/product_detail.aspx?item_no=1010533&position=3&keyword=visor&sort=

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
I don't think it will do what you want. The Elise visor does not pivot. I also think this is too big to attach.

Buy a hat...

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Ohmigod -- is Walter Drake still in business? Their stuff is real junk. (But at least it's inexpensive junk!)

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Patricko said:
I don't think it will do what you want. The Elise visor does not pivot. I also think this is too big to attach.

Buy a hat...
I stated in my original post "...I DON'T want this for my future Elise ...". I am probably going to remove the Elise visor like others have done, and wear sunglasses and a baseball cap (since the top will be off most of the time, and I don't want to get sun burned).

I only want the visor extender for "normal" cars, like my Honda Accord. I thought a few others might want one for their normal cars and trucks as well, and it is a hard to find item.

·
Registered
5,165 Posts
Patrick,
On a related note, Shinoo told me that your little windscreen mod was making you disoriented. :p Looks like us tall folk will have to continue ducking and peering over and around the borders to see traffic lights.

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Vantage said:
Patrick,
On a related note, Shinoo told me that your little windscreen mod was making you disoriented. :p Looks like us tall folk will have to continue ducking and peering over and around the borders to see traffic lights.
Yes, I hated it:( (light-in-sight) I sent it to Kiyoshi to try.

I have found that I don't need it at all now that I have pulled the visor off. Once in a while I may have to move my head to see but it is much better than that light-in-sight thing.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Visor extender! I extended my visors into a box on a shelf in my garage.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts