The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased this car 3 weeks ago and I've been spending HOURS restoring the paint because the last owner didn't have a garage... and it appeared to be washed with sandpaper and never been waxed/protected :shrug:

Then I found these :crazyeyes. It's on my front right fender where the radiator is. Is this a paint defect (i.e. bubbling)? or is something else going on here?

If it is a paint defect, you think it'll be covered by warranty? :confused:

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
It looks like heat damage. Something under the paint boiling and causing those dimples.

I would definitely ask the dealer about warranty coverage.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It looks like heat damage. Something under the paint boiling and causing those dimples.

I would definitely ask the dealer about warranty coverage.
thanks for the reply. Unfortunately the closest lotus dealer is 4+ 1 hour time change away in Atlanta. I did, however, set up an appointment to have them look at the rear right brake pad issue (worn out compared to the new looking rear left brake pad... most likely due to incorrect e-brake adjustment from factory). Might as well give them a call.

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
fish eye - from any insolvent fluid contamination. is it factory paint? or re-paint?

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
factory paint I think... unless there's something I don't know about this car (I'm the 3rd owner)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts