The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from Germany :wave:

I am new to this lovely community and have already read a lot themes here.

With view to the batteries I have searched and read all the topics to voltphreaks batteries for Elise-use but think, some details I still haven´t found:

Was the first generation much cheaper (in former days more about 500,- now 1000?)
The so called 3lb and 4lb-variants... are they similar to the VPH300 and 450
Is the VPR-P6 already on the street?

Thank you in advance for responding

Kind regards
Don

·
shay2nak
25,128 Posts
yes, the older ones were much cheaper and lighter. The new ones have newer technology and have safety features and as a result are a little heavier and more expensive.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your response.

So are there any news to the VPR-P6?

Kind regards

·
Registered
7,117 Posts
i have an old 4.5lb - well over a year old and its been flawless!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is it proven that the VPR will be such more expensive? Cause an alternative VPH-derivate for the VPR-S30 should not be much cheaper if one compares the crankingpower...

Thanks again.

·
shay2nak
25,128 Posts
The prices are listed on the Voltphreaks website. I looked at one model of the VPR series (smaller battery) and it was $2000! The VPH of the same weight was $1200, i think.

I don't want to tell you what battery you need. All I can say is that I have the previous generation VPH 4.5 lb battery in my car for almost 2 years. That was around $500, the newest generation are double that.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the newest generation are double that.
:(:(:( unfortunately, yes...

The smallest VPR is the S30 with 26AH... for 2100,- so I hoped there will be a smaller one, like stated as a PC680 alternative with a little better price.

Kind regards

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hello from Germany :wave:

I am new to this lovely community and have already read a lot themes here.

With view to the batteries I have searched and read all the topics to voltphreaks batteries for Elise-use but think, some details I still haven´t found:

Was the first generation much cheaper (in former days more about 500,- now 1000?)
The so called 3lb and 4lb-variants... are they similar to the VPH300 and 450
Is the VPR-P6 already on the street?

Thank you in advance for responding

Kind regards
Don
Tony from Voltphreaks here, the newer versions are slightly more powerful, for the Elise a VPH450 is what we recommend. The VPH300 would work too, but it's borderline (more a motorcycle battery). If you drive in below freezing weather commonly, and/or want extra reserve, go with the VPH750, but it's not necessary in most cases.
- Tony

·
Registered
222 Posts
I bought one of the first generation batteries. The upgraded model VPH450, which I have now, works great and I like the improvements and safety features. I don't use my car during winter months.

Tony's communication and service are excellent. Nice way to lose some weight from the back of the car, if it's in your budget. Recommend.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts